Windows Tinted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hogdust

Reaction score
Took the Raptor in to get the door windows Tinted this morning. Looks much better now :D

Don't ask what percantage they did. I just had them match the factory tint on the back door windows

WP_000036.jpg

WP_000037.jpg

WP_000038.jpg

WP_000039.jpg

WP_000040.jpg

WP_000041.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Niiiiice. I'd be all over that if it wasn't such a cop magnet here in Cali.

AuPanda

Reaction score
It's really only a cop magnet in NorCal. In SoCal for the most part they will leave you alone.

Having said that I went with a UV blocker tint (5%) on the doors and windshield; I just want to keep the UV rays off me and the interior. While it may not look as cool, for me it is more functional as I want as much light as possible when driving at night, as our headlights suck....and I didn't spend all that money on Rigid lights to be in the dark.

Niiiiice. I'd be all over that if it wasn't such a cop magnet here in Cali.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone always says a cop magnet, here in NV they say the same, but I talked to a few cops who say you wont get pulled over for it, and so long as you roll the windows down on a stop and not make the cop walk up to a dark window, most will say or do nothing. Hell we live in the sun's core, what do they expect LOL. I did mine the same as the factory tint color, just like yours. $80 bucks and no receipt as the store will not take the heat LOL.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
everyone always says a cop magnet, here in NV they say the same, but I talked to a few cops who say you wont get pulled over for it, and so long as you roll the windows down on a stop and not make the cop walk up to a dark window, most will say or do nothing. Hell we live in the sun's core, what do they expect LOL. I did mine the same as the factory tint color, just like yours. $80 bucks and no receipt as the store will not take the heat LOL.
LOL dood, front window tint isn't illegal in NV (needs to allow 35% of the light thru though, if I recall correctly). In California I'm pretty sure you can't add any film from stock.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So do I understand all that to mean its ok to add tint so long as it transmits at least 70% of the available light?

I wonder what ours are stock...

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get the difference between 26708.d.(1) and 26708.d.(2). d.(1) says 88% but then d.(2) says 70%.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to the confusion, this is from the CHP's website -

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?

The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.