Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update. Took my truck in for 2 rattles and an oil change. The driver B pillar rattle and rear window rattle. I had a TSB for the rear window rattle. Which I printed and gave to them. They acknowledged both rattles. They said the door one, they are working on. But the rear window rattle.... they told me the TSB does not affect my year. Since the TSB says its for 21/22's. The TSB document is dated 2022. I told them, its the same truck 21/22/23 rear window wise and that I wanted it fixed. That I didnt care if they used the TSB or warranty. Just get it fixed.

Then I call ford to ask them to help get this pushed through. The lady said, I should just go down to the dealer and bitch. That they can't do shit. Unreal. They literally told me to go post up at the dealership!

In addition to all of this. Months back, Ford also denied me the heated steering wheel retrofit that my truck matches, year, build date and plant location it was built from. Yet Ford says my vin wasn't affected. Um, I didnt get heated SW. So why wouldn't I be? I didn't get a choice to remove it. They just removed it from my build. Nothing makes any sense.

Needless to say, I am disappointed. Now I'm starting to remember why I left ford in 2018 with my last raptor. Everything is a hassle to get corrected.
What dealer is this? RSM?

The heated wheel only applies to the Lightnings for now. I think Ford messed up in that the letter they sent out wasn’t specific enough, but if you look at the number of affected vehicles, it’s way too little to include Raptors. According to the tech I talked to the Lightnings only require the hvac module, not the SCCM also like our trucks need, so they started with those.

My truck is currently sitting at the dealer and has been all week, and progress has been slow AF.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What dealer is this? RSM?

The heated wheel only applies to the Lightnings for now. I think Ford messed up in that the letter they sent out wasn’t specific enough, but if you look at the number of affected vehicles, it’s way too little to include Raptors. According to the tech I talked to the Lightnings only require the hvac module, not the SCCM also like our trucks need, so they started with those.

My truck is currently sitting at the dealer and has been all week, and progress has been slow AF.
Yes it was. And unfortunately, my b pillar rattle is already back. At first I thought they replaced a part. But it seems they just played with it. I ended up putting some thin auto grade double sided tape between the rubber window gasket and black outer plastic. I saw someone else did that on a F150 forum so I gave it a try.

Im all done with RSM ford. Those guys just dont seem to want to deal with warranty stuff. Which is a bummer because my lady service rep was actually really cool. Ive tried buying a raptor from them a few times over the years but there ADM games made me walk every time. Going to try tuttle (where I got mine) next. Its where I probably should have gone from the get go too. But Im 5 miles away from RSM so I tried them first.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was. And unfortunately, my b pillar rattle is already back. At first I thought they replaced a part. But it seems they just played with it. I ended up putting some thin auto grade double sided tape between the rubber window gasket and black outer plastic. I saw someone else did that on a F150 forum so I gave it a try.

Im all done with RSM ford. Those guys just dont seem to want to deal with warranty stuff. Which is a bummer because my lady service rep was actually really cool. Ive tried buying a raptor from them a few times over the years but there ADM games made me walk every time. Going to try tuttle (where I got mine) next. Its where I probably should have gone from the get go too. But Im 5 miles away from RSM so I tried them first.
I think most dealers don’t love doing warranty work unfortunately. I’ve tried to buy a Raptor 3 times from RSM and didn’t work out any of those times for the same reasons. They’re not as bad as others, but don’t really deal either.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
My dealer is amazing. They treat me right and always go the extra mile to make my truck right. Even my 17 Raptor that had the 125000/7yr warrant was well taken care. Find a better dealer for work, they are not all the same just because they say Ford out front. They are all independently owned and very different. Don’t kill ford just because a local dealer sucks. Take the time to find a better dealer.