Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door lock clips are what rattle for me, easy fix while doing soundskins. Cut a little piece to go around and hold it tight.View attachment 422799View attachment 422797View attachment 422798
Plus one on the white door lock pin retaining clip. That thing was ridiculously loose. I also found that there is a module mounted on the drivers door near the 6x9 speaker. The bottom of that module vibrates against the metal door with moderate amounts of bass and volume. I placed double sided tape along the backside of the module, and some sticker foam on the door itself behind the module. Can now listen to all types of music at any volume level without annoying vibrations from my drivers door.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the Tessa tape and did exactly as you mentioned today. This 100% resolved the issue.

Thank you.
The only other thing I did was to place the soft side of Velcro in each corner of the slider window. This allows me to crack the slider into any position with zero vibration rattle in any position. Prior to doing this, the window need to be fully open or closed in order not to vibrate. And see my other post in this thread about the loose module behind the drivers door panel. My stereo is soooo much better now.

Attachments

• IMG_9213.jpeg
    IMG_9213.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 48

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other thing I did was to place the soft side of Velcro in each corner of the slider window. This allows me to crack the slider into any position with zero vibration rattle in any position. Prior to doing this, the window need to be fully open or closed in order not to vibrate. And see my other post in this thread about the loose module behind the drivers door panel. My stereo is soooo much better now.

I will keep this in mind, I have not experienced any other vibrations. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this same noise occur again today on the freeway at 80mph. All windows closed. This time it was more persistent and lasted for awhile. I was able to reliably and repeatedly eliminate the noise by applying outward pressure to the glass itself with my fingers as in my pic below.

My suspicion is the glass itself isn’t providing a tight enough seal against the outer weather stripping. I haven’t come up with a solution yet but am thinking of just sticking some 3m foam tape or something between the door metal and weather stripping to tighten up the clearance between the glass and rubber in that upper corner.
Thanks for posting this. Thats exactly what is causing mine too. I ended jamming my FINGA in the window track (with window down) to massage the upper seal molding that dips inward on mine, back to a more flush looking state. It will probably bend inward again and rattle.

But I wonder if a window glass adjustment would help. More outward force from the window into the channel it glides in.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Thats exactly what is causing mine too. I ended jamming my FINGA in the window track (with window down) to massage the upper seal molding that dips inward on mine, back to a more flush looking state. It will probably bend inward again and rattle.

But I wonder if a window glass adjustment would help. More outward force from the window into the channel it glides in.
I’m not sure it’s adjustable like that? I think that outer rubber seal should’ve been thicker.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure it’s adjustable like that? I think that outer rubber seal should’ve been thicker.

I dont know either. Just hoping it was. But yes, I would agree, it needs more edge coverage. Mine dips inward which makes it worse too. But at least I know where its coming from now, thanks to you. Thank you!

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took mine in today for the rear window rattle (with a TSB print out) and the driver upper b pillar buzz rattle. I had read on another forum that this PN solved the b pillar rattle. I gave it to my SA and hope to have both rattles fixed.

ML3Z1521597A

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine in today for the rear window rattle (with a TSB print out) and the driver upper b pillar buzz rattle. I had read on another forum that this PN solved the b pillar rattle. I gave it to my SA and hope to have both rattles fixed.

ML3Z1521597A
Good find. Thanks for the information.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice, I dropped mine off today as well. Mostly for other issues but brought this one up as well. We’ll see.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update. Took my truck in for 2 rattles and an oil change. The driver B pillar rattle and rear window rattle. I had a TSB for the rear window rattle. Which I printed and gave to them. They acknowledged both rattles. They said the door one, they are working on. But the rear window rattle.... they told me the TSB does not affect my year. Since the TSB says its for 21/22's. The TSB document is dated 2022. I told them, its the same truck 21/22/23 rear window wise and that I wanted it fixed. That I didnt care if they used the TSB or warranty. Just get it fixed.

Then I call ford to ask them to help get this pushed through. The lady said, I should just go down to the dealer and bitch. That they can't do shit. Unreal. They literally told me to go post up at the dealership!

In addition to all of this. Months back, Ford also denied me the heated steering wheel retrofit that my truck matches, year, build date and plant location it was built from. Yet Ford says my vin wasn't affected. Um, I didnt get heated SW. So why wouldn't I be? I didn't get a choice to remove it. They just removed it from my build. Nothing makes any sense.

Needless to say, I am disappointed. Now I'm starting to remember why I left ford in 2018 with my last raptor. Everything is a hassle to get corrected.

Last edited: