Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this annoying rattle that comes from your window trims ?

my driver and rear pass window rattles with my windows up going 75+ or when it’s really windy outside & when I drive with my windows down.

Attachments

• 497BCA01-0A36-4A51-B9F6-0ADB5826B5E9.jpeg
    497BCA01-0A36-4A51-B9F6-0ADB5826B5E9.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 117

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife seems to hear a rattle from the front passenger winder trim, near the A pillar every so often. She pushes around on the trim, and it goes away. I’ve never heard it. Must be another form of “selective” hearing.

awd5906

Reaction score
I have the same rattle. It seems to come and go based upon the ambient temperature, direct sunlight, and use of the window. I’ve noticed if I raise the window up and down the rattle will disappear 50% of the time. I put felt tape on the inside of the trim where the widow rests on and it’s seems to have made a slight difference. I’ve got an oil change next week and I am going to get the service departments input. I’ll keep you posted.

awd5906

Reaction score
Quick update on my end, the rattle is actually coming from the door panel/arm rest window area. I thought it was the rubber window seal but pressing against the door panel makes the noise disappear. Dealer said they will take the door panel apart.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update on my end, the rattle is actually coming from the door panel/arm rest window area. I thought it was the rubber window seal but pressing against the door panel makes the noise disappear. Dealer said they will take the door panel apart.
I’ll have to let my wife know and see if that’s the same as mine

northlaker

Reaction score

Same - Seems like it comes from the door lock pop up thingy.

LJG

Reaction score
Does anyone have this annoying rattle that comes from your window trims ?

my driver and rear pass window rattles with my windows up going 75+ or when it’s really windy outside & when I drive with my windows down.
I have this very issue - new 2023 Raptor - purchased 3 weeks ago.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me as well, haven't been able to properly address it yet.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get the noise to stop if I squeeze my finger in between the door and the weather strip in the top corner of the door. As soon as I take my finger out it returns. Given that, it appears that sound is coming from the door and the weather seal rubbing together, most likely because its not a tight fit between the upper door and body.