Will there be a 2021 raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rivian pickup has a front end that only a mother could love. It’s fugly as hell, I don’t see how it got the green light from focus groups. The “nostrils” need to go!

I think it’s only going to appeal to an affluent group of customers who need to have the latest and greatest. After the first year or so sales will start to dive as it’s too expensive for the masses. Tesla’s Cybertruck pricing is spot on and will outsell the Rivian by a Snake River longshot.

View attachment 141381

It looks like something Prius owners would buy.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford does eventually go this route, where would that leave the Shelby? I'd SC the 700HP motor?

I don't know enough about the Shelby, isn't it an F-150 with a bunch of power? I mean, it's also not factory is it? You have to send it to Shelby, or buy it from Shelby. I think this is a non-factor in what they do with the Raptor or the IndoRaptor (yeah, that's what they need to call the HALO Raptor). So, Standard Raptor Ecoboost then an IndoRaptor, SC V8 ~ 700HP ($90K+)

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the Shelby, isn't it an F-150 with a bunch of power? I mean, it's also not factory is it? You have to send it to Shelby, or buy it from Shelby. I think this is a non-factor in what they do with the Raptor or the IndoRaptor (yeah, that's what they need to call the HALO Raptor). So, Standard Raptor Ecoboost then an IndoRaptor, SC V8 ~ 700HP ($90K+)

Ouch! We are not that far away from the first (non Shelby or Roush) branded Raptor at $100k+.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, the current Raptor, most common MSRP is around $73K with 450hp power plant. Add another $20K easy for a version that comes with a 700+HP power plant.

My 2 cents.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then 10 to 15K in options, probably?

Base Screw Raptor is 58k, so I believe that's about right, 80K no options.

I mean, i think it's all ridiculous, even the Raptor pricing, so shit, if RAM comes out with a 700HP offroader optioned up like an 802A at 70K, RAPTOR is done!

Last edited:

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then 10 to 15K in options, probably?

Base Screw Raptor is 58k, so I believe that's about right, 80K no options.

I mean, i think it's all ridiculous, even the Raptor pricing, so shit, if RAM comes out with a 700HP offroader optioned up like an 802A at 70K, RAPTOR is done!

There is no way a Hellcat powered RAM comes in at 70k. I would expect it to be somewhere in the 90k to 100k range. For reference, a Challenger Hellcat starts at 60k, a Charger starts at 70k and a Trackhawk starts at 88k.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way a Hellcat powered RAM comes in at 70k. I would expect it to be somewhere in the 90k to 100k range. For reference, a Challenger Hellcat starts at 60k, a Charger starts at 70k and a Trackhawk starts at 88k.

Yeah, I think you are right for sure. Like I said, previously, $90K for a 700HP Raptor. User above said the RAM will come in at 80, i'm saying that would be with no options. I think the pricing is all ridiculous for these, that's the only comment about having a nice 700HP truck for 70K, but yes, pipe dream.

BTW, I just can't like the looks of RAM trucks, hard as I try, they are just ugly as F@&k, even the Rebel TRX.

So, I hope Ford does an Ecoboost V6 and a S/C (I guess turbo would be ok too) V8 option.