Will It Fit? The Final Word

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I've been reading related threads too long, and absorbing too much contradictory information. So, in an effort to compile a legit reference for those who want to upgrade their wheels but are conflicted by all the information that is spread out everywhere, I have created this thread. Please correct and cite your sources, and I will update the OP as needed.

I'm going to state it as I currently understand it, and you correct me as necessary:

Rubbing - When the tire makes rotational contact with the wheel well liner or fender at any time, typically during full articulation on a turn at any speed and usually with negligible or unnoticeable damage.

Hitting - When the tire impacts the wheel well liner or fender with force, typically at full compression of the suspension and usually results in damage.

• A stock Raptor with OEM wheels and tires will not rub, but will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and 35" tires (or smaller) will not rub, but will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and tires larger than 35" might rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and 37" tires will definitely rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with wheels between -1mm and -12mm offset with any size tire ~35" and up, will probably rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with -13mm offset wheels (or less) and any size tire ~35" and up, will definitely rub, and definitely hit.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been reading related threads too long, and absorbing too much contradictory information. So, in an effort to compile a legit reference for those who want to upgrade their wheels but are conflicted by all the information that is spread out everywhere, I have created this thread. Please correct and cite your sources, and I will update the OP as needed.

I'm going to state it as I currently understand it, and you correct me as necessary:

Rubbing - When the tire makes rotational contact with the wheel well liner or fender at any time, typically during full articulation on a turn at any speed and usually with negligible or unnoticeable damage.

Hitting - When the tire impacts the wheel well liner or fender with force, typically at full compression of the suspension and usually results in damage.

• A stock Raptor with OEM wheels and tires will not rub, but will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and 35" tires (or smaller) will not rub, but will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and tires larger than 35" might rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with 0mm offset wheels (or greater) and 37" tires will definitely rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with wheels between -1mm and -12mm offset with any size tire ~35" and up, will probably rub, and will hit.
  • A stock Raptor with -13mm offset wheels (or less) and any size tire ~35" and up, will definitely rub, and definitely hit.

Spot on chief!

-Greg

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Where should perch adjustments fit into this? I feel like a mid-perch should be accomplished after a certain offset amount...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
mid-perch should come in to play from a functional standpoint when going 0mm to +12mm offset wheels on stock size tires

or

true 35" tires on any offset 0mm-34mm(stock), while assuming the risks associated with the extreme example of 0mm offset with aggressive tread true 35"s.

that being said, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that states the Raptor was tested on middle perch and that's where one should experience the best performance on a completely stock wheel/tire combo.

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
true 35" tires on any offset 0mm-34mm(stock), while assuming the risks associated with the extreme example of 0mm offset with aggressive tread true 35"s.

For the continuity of the thread, could we get a link to (or list of) the risks you are referring to? I always thought 0mm offset with 35" aggressive tires and mid-perch was a rather conservative move requiring no other modifications.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course, my question is are there going to be any issues I need to worry about (GREG - If you can add input here that would be great!) regarding my tire/wheel setup and the upcoming SnoBall 500?

I'm running ATX Artillerys with a -12mm offset on Duratracs (Stock Size) - I'm on middle perch but do have rubbing at 3/4 turn and past.

Do I need to be concerned in the travel of these wheels while on this adventure as to NOT screw something up that could potentially become costly for me? I don't have the disposable income that some of you possess and would not be good with anything happening here...

Thoughts?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
For the continuity of the thread, could we get a link to (or list of) the risks you are referring to? I always thought 0mm offset with 35" aggressive tires and mid-perch was a rather conservative move requiring no other modifications.

for sake of continuity, the risks are like you said, hitting the wheel well or fenders under suspension compression. how much and why are too subjective if you want to keep it simple.

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
for sake of continuity, the risks are like you said, hitting the wheel well or fenders under suspension compression. how much and why are too subjective if you want to keep it simple.
Gotcha. I thought you were referring to CV joints, axles, or something I missed.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't rip your hair our Bmart, you summed it up on your first shot and will probably answer 9/10 questions. We still need that 1/10 to keep the forum going here lol

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2