GEN 2 Wider Wheels causing chub rub..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teedoe1005

Reaction score
**2019 Raptor**

First time Raptor guy....

-Just changed from stock 17X8 wheels to Fuel Enduro's 17X9 with -12 offsets.

-Not the end of the world but I get a bit of "chub rub" when I turn the wheel to it's maximum both ways. No contact with the metal bumper but about 4 inches of the bottom of the inside fender plastic.

-Can I get guidance on how tall of a leveling kit I would need to clear this?

Thanks,
Teedoe

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2020 that I also installed aftermarket wheels; venomrex 602s 17x9 +12 offset and I too am rubbing my rokblokz mudflaps at full lock with oem bfgs.

I am getting a set of Eibachs springs installed this Monday to level out the truck and hopefully keep me from having to trim my mudflaps; I’ll report back once the install is complete. Supposed to raise the front 1.7”.

Stock tires on yours?

OP
OP
T

Teedoe1005

Reaction score
@Tin Can Rap yes, kept stock tires just changed the wheels. I've seen some folks using bigger collars on their springs and spring mount extensions, just seems like a cheap route to go for a Raptor. If those would still be reliable off road, the price point isnt bad. I'll stand by for your install. Thanks for the reply!

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get a little rub with the vr602s and you'll need to trim your mud flaps with stock suspension. I've ran both the icon collars and eibach springs. Either will work well. The icon collars work well off-road but I like the eibach springs better.