Wicked Performance Dead Pedal Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got me a Wicked Dead Pedal for Christmas, so I took a few pictures of the install.

The box contained the pedal, bracket, and mounting hardware.
DSCN2867_zpsc95e2bad.jpg

First, I mounted the bracket to the pedal. There are three nuts in the package two for the bracket bolts, one for the firewall stud.
DSCN2868_zpsf5f24477.jpg

DSCN2869_zpsd0e6145f.jpg

DSCN2870_zpsd285e317.jpg

The bracket mounts to a threaded stud on the firewall. Once the pedal was mounted using the top bracket, I slid the floor mat under the pedal and used a sharpie to mark a line to trim the mat. Then I removed the mat for trimming and started on the bottom screws.
DSCN2871_zpsb34a5ec8.jpg

DSCN2873_zps2343cc13.jpg

DSCN2875_zps83b4a8a1.jpg

The bottom screws require some patience because the floor is at an angle to the pedal. I used a heated awl to burn holes in the carpet, then I drilled small pilot holes so the screws had somthing to bite into. Then the screws went in easily. I painted them black so they didn't show as much.
DSCN2876_zpsba974e08.jpg

DSCN2878_zpsd8d00025.jpg

Done. The pedal is solid and feels great. The existing foot rest is canted too far forward and I always found myself bending my leg and placing my foot flat on the floor by the door. For me this is not an ideal driving position. The dead pedal fixes this and I have something I can brace my foot against so I can drive with both feet forward. As far as trimming the mat and burning holes in the floor, I look at this as a permanent modification so as long as the finshed installation looks great and I don't plan on removing it, I don't mind.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Write up! I'll be using the info.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks bad ass man but in the pics it kinda looks like the emergency brake might not go down all the way. I don't know if you ever use yours so maybe it's not a problem but I've had to use mine parked on some steep hills and all. But either way nice and easy install looks killer!

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely worried about the full range of motion with the parking brake as my new house has a rather steep driveway and I have begun using it every day.. anyway someone who has one could comment?

If this still allows for full use of the PB then this is on my very short list of todo's.

Thanks,

~BGM

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice write up and install. Thanks for taking the time and making it easier for the resst of us :)

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Big Foot

My god how big are your feet! That sure looks like an overkill in size. Oh, is it so you can place both feet on the dead pedal?

Last edited:

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure, I have never used it but I think they are pump style.
Guess I should start exercising it.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love mine, but I modified it a little.
It does not interfere with the emergency brake.

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 136