GEN 2 Why does this thing have to be a *************?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there is your problem, your truck is trying to tell you something. LOL. Good luck fixing those squeaks and rattles, drives me insane as well. I am a bit OCD so last time I had a rattle we tore the entire interior out and sound proofed and insulated everything. Problem solved.

haha yea I get that! I will play around with it this weekend some.... now that I finally have a free weekend (glad the holidays are over)

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious if warranty covered these squeaks? When my ash tray was squeaking in my Mercedes, the dealer gave me a loaner car for 2 days to investigate and basically replaced the entire center console to eliminate all sources of squeaks. I don’t expect the same level of care with Ford, but is it something warranty would cover?

Shogunn of Panama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am its the same as here murph145 but I have not been on there in a long long time lol..... I have an IG if you have one. Mine is murph145 as well.
Got it. Reading these complaints of cheap paint and noise of these trucks kind of makes me chuckle. The Raptor is a Caddy compared to our GTR's cheap paint and DCT noises.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Reading these complaints of cheap paint and noise of these trucks kind of makes me chuckle. The Raptor is a Caddy compared to our GTR's cheap paint and DCT noises.

My GTR sounds like it is going to fall apart when I start it up and back out of my garage lol.... the bell housing unit is so bad.... oh well.... I also wrapped my GTR so far it is on it's 3rd different color. White was cool when I first got it but the paint chips got ridiculous from the track events and canyon cruising.... figured might as well just wrap it.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there is your problem, your truck is trying to tell you something. LOL. Good luck fixing those squeaks and rattles, drives me insane as well. I am a bit OCD so last time I had a rattle we tore the entire interior out and sound proofed and insulated everything. Problem solved.
The spring squeaks are probably due to urethane bushings. I had a 14 Mustang GT and had a lot of suspenion mods done, including urethane bushings and the car squeaked almost constantly. Greasing them did little to help.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the clear wrap on them ??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wrap the pillars with clear bra. I've been wrapping all my vehicles since 08 with clear bra and I make all my patterns with tracing paper or clear contact shelf liner from Homedepot or Michael's.

Get suntek from invisiblemask.com, it's the most forgiving. Go to hobby lobby, get roll of tracing paper or contact shelf liner, tracing pencils or marker and scotch tape. Use blue tape to attach the paper to pillar or self adhesive contact shelf liner is easier. Trace the pillars with side of the pencil if using paper or black marker for contact liner. Cut 1/8 in from your line so you will not be on the edge of pillar. For the pillar with the keypad, there is a metal clip, you need to push down from top, pry out and make sure it doesn't go inside the door. No need to remove it completely, just leave it loose. Trace the inside keypad cutout so if your line is not straight you will not see it when the keypad is on.

Lay pattern on film, tape it down with clear tape, cut with ruler, round the edges with super sharp scissors. Cut your pattern on whiteboard with olfa 9mm carbon(is sharper than stainless) steel knife (homedepot), not stainless blades. Same blade most ppf shops use.

You can either score the film or cut all the way through. 6 squirts of baby shampoo in a 32 oz spray bottle. Spray the pillar, squeegee clean and repeat to clean. Spray slip solution, then lightly squeegee down with short overlapping strokes. Sunny, warm and less than 50% humidly is ideal. If you make a mistake or get trash in the film, lift up, spray and repeat. Get some extra film for mistakes and learning.

Also, if you want to polish the scratches out before applying, try Adam's Orange Polish.

raptor.jpg

Last edited:

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ******* hate warranty work.
So do the mechanics at the dealerships.

Many people do not know that it is the mechanic who eats much of the cost for warranty work. In general they get paid for 50-60% of the work they do under a warranty. It is a bad system but will not change anytime soon.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do the mechanics at the dealerships.

Many people do not know that it is the mechanic who eats much of the cost for warranty work. In general they get paid for 50-60% of the work they do under a warranty. It is a bad system but will not change anytime soon.
As a consumer, why should I care? If I’m paying for a new car, the price of which factors in warranty services, I don’t care if the dealer or the manufacturer has to lose money to fix a problem that is due to poor quality or design.

This is my first Ford, and I already see the differences between how they handle recalls and problems (via this forum). People tend to give Ford a pass because they either prefer to fix the problem themselves or think this is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.