GEN 2 Why does this thing have to be a *************?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you buy this? I had a 2014 Ram 1500 fully loaded and got rid of it for this Raptor..... I really think the Ram is way better overall. I never had any issues with my Ram and had it for 4 years 80K miles.

Sucks because I like the fun I have with the Raptor when I take it offroading but the on road misc noises and shit is making me frustrated especially when you buy a $70K truck and then put another $15K into it.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of it like Jake and get a rebel. Jake got money back when he trade his Raptor. Do you know why he got $$ back? Because it is EASY to get 10K off of a Chevy and Dodge because no one wants it. Wait until Jake trades in his rebel and finds out it is worthless.

And then in the same breath, Jake says he would come back to Ford if they had a V8? Yet he hates the Raptor overall.

Bruh it's ok you dont need to protect Ford lol. We are allowed to dislike certain aspects of every vehicle.... Shit I dont like my GTR all the time either..... Don't take it so personal

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not taking it personally and it was not directed at you. It was really for the POS Jake.

Bruh it's ok you dont need to protect Ford lol. We are allowed to dislike certain aspects of every vehicle.... Shit I dont like my GTR all the time either..... Don't take it so personal

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Squeaks like none other especially the leaf springs, sounds like a 50 year old rust bucket pulling up.... Engine is now making a clicking noise from passenger side, especially during cold start up..... and of course the sun roof makes all kinds of fun annoying noises all day long.....

The squeaks on the leaf springs might be crap that has built up between them. I had this happen on a previous truck. The clicking you are hearing is most likely the waste gate rattling ( I have heard this on several EB motors not just the Raptor), seems to be a flaw in the design. Nothing to worry from what I have seen and been told just a bit annoying. The EB that Ford uses isn't the only motor that has this if that makes you feel any better. The sun roof squeaking, try using a di-electric grease on the rails after you clean them up. I haven't done this to my raptor but had to do it on my previous F250. Seemed to help a lot. Also you might want to try a seal grease (silicone based). It will help tighten the seal and not squeak. I use this on my convertibles to keep the top seals from making noise since I don't drive them much. Also use on my older cars to keep the door seals from drying out.

I definitely wouldn't go the route that Jake went if you don't like squeaks and rattles. He will be talking shit about his EWE in about a year when it is worse that his Raptor. Neighbor has one and we can hear him coming from way down the street from the brake squeal that Dodge can't seem to fix and the numerous other issues he complains about. He regrets buying his and he has only had it for about 9 months.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The squeaks on the leaf springs might be crap that has built up between them. I had this happen on a previous truck. The clicking you are hearing is most likely the waste gate rattling ( I have heard this on several EB motors not just the Raptor), seems to be a flaw in the design. Nothing to worry from what I have seen and been told just a bit annoying. The EB that Ford uses isn't the only motor that has this if that makes you feel any better. The sun roof squeaking, try using a di-electric grease on the rails after you clean them up. I haven't done this to my raptor but had to do it on my previous F250. Seemed to help a lot. Also you might want to try a seal grease (silicone based). It will help tighten the seal and not squeak. I use this on my convertibles to keep the top seals from making noise since I don't drive them much. Also use on my older cars to keep the door seals from drying out.

I definitely wouldn't go the route that Jake went if you don't like squeaks and rattles. He will be talking shit about his EWE in about a year when it is worse that his Raptor. Neighbor has one and we can hear him coming from way down the street from the brake squeal that Dodge can't seem to fix and the numerous other issues he complains about. He regrets buying his and he has only had it for about 9 months.

Yea I am planning on greasing the shit out of my leafs this weekend and then messing with the roof rails like you mentioned.... Hoping to get rid of some of this noise.... Embarrassing when you pull up to Starbucks and your truck is making all sorts of squeaks!!

As far as the engine goes I suppose it is what it is for now and hopefully nothing worse happens.

I really enjoy the offroad experience of the Raptor and maybe that is part of the trade off?? Your truck just starts to squeak a lot after beating the shit out of it off roading?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Embarrassing when you pull up to Starbucks and your truck is making all sorts of squeaks!!

Well there is your problem, your truck is trying to tell you something. LOL. Good luck fixing those squeaks and rattles, drives me insane as well. I am a bit OCD so last time I had a rattle we tore the entire interior out and sound proofed and insulated everything. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.