GEN 2 Why does the Ford GT sound so much better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford GT sounds like crap in person. The 911s and GTRs sound great at power. Oherwise the only good sounding cars are V-8s. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford GT sounds like crap in person. The 911s and GTRs sound great at power. Oherwise the only good sounding cars are V-8s. My two cents.

While I agree with you on the 911 because of its unique flat 6, the GTR sounds just like an EcoBoost.

I was so embarrassed after purchasing my 2015 GTR Premium because it sounded like a neutered sewing machine, so I went right to AMS straight pipes and Japanese version Tanabe full exhaust. It sounded better

It will never be a V8 rumble but the ATAK Borla sounds pretty decent to me.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me clean this thread up.

The GT sounds better because of exhaust length and because it has a Helmholtz resonator. No freaking clue why no one here has tried one yet. Its used to reduce rasp on equal length manifolds on subarus, Hondas and porsches.

Any idea where to find one of these for the Raptor? My engine is heavily modified and the sound is very similar to a GT race car. The rasp is definetely noticeable when not at WOT. I am looking to calm that part down since mine is a daily driver. I am willing to purchase and install to see what the effects are.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea where to find one of these for the Raptor? My engine is heavily modified and the sound is very similar to a GT race car. The rasp is definetely noticeable when not at WOT. I am looking to calm that part down since mine is a daily driver. I am willing to purchase and install to see what the effects are.

You'd have to make one. It's litterally 1 piece of pipe. Google Helmholtz exhaust resonator.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Will have to find the parts all in stainless since everything from my turbos back is stainless now.

None of that seems hard. You just need 1 piece of pipe 1 Foot long a 90 and a cap. X2

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

You sound like an old man. Obviously a v8 sounds great but come on, the only lol!

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I am looking into this and having my guys figure out the best way to install them. I have a Xpipe so it makes the install a little difficult but not impossible. Let’s see how it turns out.