Why does it take so long to get a VIN ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natemba

Reaction score
Why is Ford building Raptors to put on the lot but not building them for customers who order them? Wouldn't you want to take care of your customers?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they want to get them out on the lots to bring new customers. the new shine stuff gets them on the lots mite not buy a Raptor but it gets them in the door.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all who have ordered are mostly a done deal. we are considered already bought. dealer stock takes priority so they have trucks to sell to new POTENTIAL customers.

OP
OP
N

natemba

Reaction score
I get that... Makes total sense, but why not build one and send it to every dealer... Not build me and send 4 at one time to 1 dealer...

I'm about 2 seconds away from buying a new SRT8 Cherokee instead.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want one now then you can always find a dealer with one on the lot and buy it now. Of course they will **** you on price. So either wait, get ***** or buy your jeep.

Last edited:

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what I did and buy a new 2012 from the dealer that I ordered my 2013 from. I even got the same Invoice pricing. I still cant believe I got that Big Ass Raptor stuffed in my garage :)

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get that... Makes total sense, but why not build one and send it to every dealer... Not build me and send 4 at one time to 1 dealer...

I'm about 2 seconds away from buying a new SRT8 Cherokee instead.

There is no comparison between the Raptor and the Jeep...and those Jeeps are EVERYWHERE!!!....boring!!! Wait...have patience.