Why a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It basically comes down to what do you really want. I haven't done a lot of major off-roading but it is fun when I do take it out. The Ram truck probably would have been fine for me based on my usage and it definitely costs less but the Raptor is what makes me happy and I could afford it. My personal history proves to me that if I'm not happy with what I'm driving, I will be looking for the next vehicle. I absolutely LOVE driving this truck everyday and haven't regretted buying it at all.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ugu6arad.jpg

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than out of the box performance, stunning bad ass looks, ability to hold resale value, and having a relatively rare and unusual vehicle, a truck is a truck. If the above doesn't matter, and it's ok if it doesn't, my suggestion would be to buy the cheapest pu that will carry what you need it to carry.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think any of us are willing to talk you out of buying a Raptor.
And I don't think you a capable of talking me into selling mine.

But finally, I'm with 6gun. Either buy the Raptor or buy the least expensive. Those are the only reasonable choices.

Best of luck!

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've had the Raptor for 6 months and it's the first vehicle I've owned that I haven't already started looking for a new car yet.

As a breakdown of what I've owned:
- 1997 V6 Mustang: huge ************* but it was a gift, it was fun, and I learned how to drive a manual on it
- 2005 Mustang GT: Eventually upgraded it with a Whipple supercharger pushing 475/465 to the tires. Fun, but cloth interior, black car, and it wasn't unique so I looked for something else.
- 1999 F150 SVT Lightning: Ported supercharger, pulley, full exhaust, 3/4 drop, 20" wheels. Thing was sexy as hell. Loved this truck and even cut the bench seat and put in a center console. I got looks EVERYWHERE I went with it. It was loud, mean looking, and straight sexy. Started having ABS problems and I didn't feel like dealing with it and driving 80 miles a day with it that loud got old quick
- 2003 Cobra/2004 Nissan Sentra as DD: Cobra was badass. 632rwhp/546ft-lbs of torque. Straight beastly. Never drove it. It was lowered with coil overs and had a cage. Pain in the **** to drive. Sold it after a year.
- 2013 Raptor: First vehicle I've had where I'm not even looking to see what's coming out. I don't care. I'm more interested in upgrading the suspension, wheels/tires, etc...Thing is a beast and super unique. Didn't even think about buying a different truck when I was looking.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't looking for reasons to talk me out of it, I knew you'd all recommend it. I was just looking for why everyone loves theres so much. Thanks

If you buy one you will find yourself looking back at it and checking it out every time you park it. You will also have a smile on your face everytime you drive it. No other vehicle has ever done that for me.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cuz it's a BAD ASS f'n truck that eats Prius for snacks.

Just go get one & you'll be addicted like Kitten is to cat nip.

Just be prepared to max out your credit cards on mods.

If you are married have UPS, Fed Ex & US Postal Service deliver all your mods to a friends house.