Why a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clocked92

Reaction score
I have been wanting a Raptor for some time now and I've been thinking about the cost difference between a Raptor or a new Ram or 2014 Sierra. What is it about the Raptor that makes it such a better truck? I don't live near a desert so I wouldn't be hitting jumps at 60 MPH. I do have to deal with 6 Months of winter with feet of snow however.

So my question is what would make a Raptor the truck for me, compared to a new Ram or Sierra with a lift in it? Would a Raptor really perform that much better in my conditions too?

Thank You

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you ever go offroading than the Raptor wins over all of them. Aesthetically its hard to find a truck that looks better than a Raptor stock for stock. I live in Canada with the Raptor not near a desert, it is an awesome truck on and off the road and puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. My recommendation is to go drive each in person and choose whichever tickles your fancy. The new Dodges have really nice interiors, but I cannot speak for chev since I have never been a fan of their vehicles.

OP
OP
Clocked92

Clocked92

Reaction score
I've always loved the looks of the Raptor and everything about them, its just really hard to find a dealer that has one with the options I'd like and is willing to negotiate a price in Canada.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always loved the looks of the Raptor and everything about them, its just really hard to find a dealer that has one with the options I'd like and is willing to negotiate a price in Canada.

Which area are you in. Keep in mind if the dealer is not a SVT dealer and they are selling Raptors as "new" vehicles they are American trucks. so that will help your negotiations. You should be able to get a new loaded one for around 58-60 if its a US truck.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't need a Raptor, I just wanted on. It's great in every way, but uses a lot of fuel, but I don't think any truck out there is economical.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides like a (or close to a) Cadillac, looks like nothing else on the road stock (people will be taking photos of it if you leave it parked in public), the seats are as comfy as lazy boys, I get the attention I had with my sports cars... But you can pull a trailer and drive in the snow.

Why not a raptor? Sure price and gas mileage... But with how prices are going you'll get your money back when you sell it

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
a-captions-makin-funny-27.jpg

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was looking for a truck, I test drove all three and had a certificate from Dodge that gave me $17k off but still couldn't settle for the Ram. The GMC Denali all wheel drive pickup drove like a sports car with gobs of power and might of bought that if they weren't such a bunch of *****. In the end the Raptor was way more money but the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter