Why a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn it FNG, Clocked92, you need to provide info on you public view. I.e. where you are from; your age, etc....

I'm sure you are on other forums and know the rules. Go introduce yourself in the New Member's section & post pics of your toys! Especially if you have acquired a Raptor.

Right now, by looking at your username, your last name is CLOCK and were were born in 1992, meaning you're are 21 years of age... Or you are UFC fighter and lost 1st match in 1 minute & 32 seconds. Come on spill the beans, we won't bite (too hard)

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Versus a lifted truck, choosing a Raptor is a no-brainer in my opinion.

Generally speaking, a "lift kit" is a spacer that is added to a truck to provide more ground clearance and the ability to fit larger tires in the fenders. Suspension lifts drop the front diff and control arms, they don't actually increase front travel. They increase frontal area (increasing drag, decreasing economy). They raise the roll center of the vehicle, decreasing handling, increasing rollover risk. And for every 1" more tire dimater you want to run, you have to raise the vehicle 3" to get them clear of the fender wells.

A Raptor isn't lifted. It's only 2" higher a stock F-150, largely on account of tire size. The control arms mount in the same location. The control arms are longer, increasing front travel and track. The roll center of a Raptor, due to the 7" track increase, is LOWER than a stock F-150.

You will pay a bit more for the Raptor (assuming you can negotiate a very good deal on the lift for the other truck, i.e., not buying one with a dealer-installed lift). But the relative Raptor resale value will more than make up for it in the long-term.