Who is Towing a Travel Trailer and what are your experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear sag is issue
I tow a 7x16 enclosed trailer with 2 Harley’s and I cannot run a weight distribution hitch as tongue is to short. So sag was bad really bad to the point I had the dealer replace the springs due to them being bent after 1 tow.

Springs bent?...wow. I know the rear is soft but bending is a whole another issue...
Have you looked into the Anderson WDH?...I ran one when towing a
1973 29 ft Airstream and it worked awesome!

Anderson2.jpg

AS1.jpg

JJOcean

Reaction score
Nope. Trailer tongue and surge brakes make it challenging. After towing with it for a season, I don't see it as necessary. If I ever upgrade to a new model, then I'll probably get some timbren bump stops. Below is a pic of it hooked up.

I was just curious. I've got a Centurion SV244 and tow without WDH due to the surge brakes. Also, wasn't sure if I'd have an issue with WDH due to the fold-back tongue. I've got Deavers +3, Eibach springs and SVC Adjustable bump stops. Sagging isn't an issue, but I do get a little sway from time to time.

IMG_0185.JPEG

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
I was just curious. I've got a Centurion SV244 and tow without WDH due to the surge brakes. Also, wasn't sure if I'd have an issue with WDH due to the fold-back tongue. I've got Deavers +3, Eibach springs and SVC Adjustable bump stops. Sagging isn't an issue, but I do get a little sway from time to time.

View attachment 133192

Nice. Centurion is the one brand I would consider leaving Malibu for. How is the surf wave?

JJOcean

Reaction score
Surf wave is excellent. I don’t wakeboard anymore, so my selection was based solely on surf wave. I’m 6’4” and 235, so push was a big factor as well. I surfed them all before I bought.

My friends all have MC, Malibu or Nautique, so I ride on a couple different boats. I think the gaps in surf waves have closed a lot in the last 2 years. Only con I have for Centurion is that their dealers are farther and fewer between the others (only 1 dealer in GA).

You definitely should get behind one before your next upgrade.

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
Surf wave is excellent. I don’t wakeboard anymore, so my selection was based solely on surf wave. I’m 6’4” and 235, so push was a big factor as well. I surfed them all before I bought.

My friends all have MC, Malibu or Nautique, so I ride on a couple different boats. I think the gaps in surf waves have closed a lot in the last 2 years. Only con I have for Centurion is that their dealers are farther and fewer between the others (only 1 dealer in GA).

You definitely should get behind one before your next upgrade.

I had a dealer very close to me pick them up, so it would actually be more convenient than the Malibu. I need to get out in the spring and water test the 23 foot RI series. I'm hoping to talk them into meeting me out on the lake when I'm out there already to ride the RI and my LSV side by side.

ryeabs

Reaction score
I'm towing a 32' 2800BH Grand Design travel trailer. Properly dialed in WDH is a must. I was a little worried on my initial drive home as the truck didn't feel as planted on the road as I would like (sway with passing semis). Working on the WDH and getting a bit more tounge weight on the trailer made all the difference. I'm over cargo capacity on the truck if the whole family is along. Tows great. Sway is more noticeable at higher speeds, so I just go a bit slower than more normal driving (e.g. 70s vs 80s)

Wimankid

Reaction score
Only 7,000 miles and one season towing, but I towed a wakeboard boat (Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV) all summer and the truck towed it perfectly fine. I came from 2015 F150 platinum and was expecting a significant down grade for towing. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how good it actually towed. The sag/hitch drop is ~3 inches with Raptor vs ~2 inched with the Platinum on the exact same boat and trailer set up.

Are you using a weight distributing hitch? Will be towing. 21 ft Malibu next season, but only to and from storage about 50 miles when putting the boat in the lake. Thanks!