Who buys a raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I have an R on order, but I also worked it out to get it at MSRP, which clearly isn't common. Getting my wife's Bronco Raptor at MSRP as well (she had an 86 bronco in HS). Friend deal, don't ask what dealer. With the crazy ADM's out there, I figured I am way ahead on resale values. I have a 18 Gen 2 that I also got an MSRP, and the resale on it is great. So to me it's a reasonable upgrade charge to get a brand new R.

I'm an Engineer by trade and Live in CO in the mountains. I mostly MTB and Ski, so it's my daily driver, powder chaser, trail head getter, hunting rig, and enjoy to taking it to MOAB to Baja around. I think the Raptor is phenomenal in the snow, especially with studded winter tires. I also tow with it. I have an overlander trailer, so the combo allows me to camp almost anywhere with it. Never understood why so many people on the forum **** on those who decide to tow with their raptors. I tow my trailer offroad to places I like to play, drop the trailer, and go hoon around with the Raptor.

I often read people comparing the price of the R to the TRX, but Ford forces you to get almost every option (which I thought was annoying, but hey I get it with the demand) so they compare a fully loaded R to a base TRX. If you fully load a TRX, the MSRP comparison is not that far off.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welp, I have an R on order, but I also worked it out to get it at MSRP, which clearly isn't common. Getting my wife's Bronco Raptor at MSRP as well (she had an 86 bronco in HS). Friend deal, don't ask what dealer. With the crazy ADM's out there, I figured I am way ahead on resale values. I have a 18 Gen 2 that I also got an MSRP, and the resale on it is great. So to me it's a reasonable upgrade charge to get a brand new R.

I'm an Engineer by trade and Live in CO in the mountains. I mostly MTB and Ski, so it's my daily driver, powder chaser, trail head getter, hunting rig, and enjoy to taking it to MOAB to Baja around. I think the Raptor is phenomenal in the snow, especially with studded winter tires. I also tow with it. I have an overlander trailer, so the combo allows me to camp almost anywhere with it. Never understood why so many people on the forum **** on those who decide to tow with their raptors. I tow my trailer offroad to places I like to play, drop the trailer, and go hoon around with the Raptor.

I often read people comparing the price of the R to the TRX, but Ford forces you to get almost every option (which I thought was annoying, but hey I get it with the demand) so they compare a fully loaded R to a base TRX. If you fully load a TRX, the MSRP comparison is not that far off.

Got pics of the overlander trailer?

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inflation and demand. I sold my 2017 Keystone Outback a few months ago for more than I paid for it new. Looking back at the Opus, it's gone up $5-9K every year since they released a few years ago. I got mine "used" from a guy I know. 2022 and he used it 3 times at campgrounds. Saved about 10% off what I would have paid Brand New and didn't have to wait. It performs great offroad with the articulating hitch. To me it's also one of those items that's going to hold it's value based on limited availability. Plus, the comfort feeling of towing down an unknown dirt road without concern of needing a big turnaround area is great, especially with small kids in the back seat.

Black series trailers are comparable but in the $80s!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually just showed this to the Queen. Who knows what may happen in the future?