Who built this Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you think that costs 25K to replicate? :confused:

The front kit, with coilovers and bypasses is 20K all day. The wheels and tires? 5K.

We didnt even get to bodywork, bumpers, rear suspension, or anything else.

you'll spend 20K just to get those fenders looking right.

That exact truck is running around in texas after being rolled and totalled by the first owner.

IIRC it needed a cab swap.

That build was done early by a car salesman from Tx. I'm not sure what shop put the parts together.

If you're looking for a truck to built similar to that with better parts choices, call Texas Motorworx and talk to them about a build.

Here's my rig on 37s ( going to 40s in the next few weeks):

gTeewr6.jpg

If I didn't do the work, TMX did it ( save for the wrap (PGNOLA) and the suspension tuning (SVC)) .

You probably don't want to know what my full build would cost to replicate. (Every time I see the number, I feel a little crazy). Think "year old Porsche 911 GT3" Money.

Your build is extremely nice. Absolutely 1st rate. Not discounting anything you have done. But if you have 190K in it you are correct in your self admission of "crazy". No disrespect intended, just an observation.

Sam

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Your build is extremely nice. Absolutely 1st rate. Not discounting anything you have done. But if you have 190K in it you are correct in your self admission of "crazy". No disrespect intended, just an observation.

Sam

On top of the cost of the truck? No. Including the cost of the truck? That number is actually a little light.

I love the truck. It rips. Could I have done it for less knowing what I know now? emphatically yes. Would I have done some things differently, sure.

The truck works. I am not nice to it. It does what I ask.

I am also super **** about project build costs and keep a cost spreadsheet for all of my fun vehicles.

So I also include all of the parts that were on the truck, but are long since gone as it evolved. ( I have almost enough take off parts to build another truck into a more mild build right now).

I've probably taken 20-30K in parts back off of the truck too.

When I build another off-road rig, I'll be starting with a cab and will go full prerunner build.

It is also a little more expensive whenever you're pioneering modifications, So some things are now much less expensive to modify on the Gen2s because of the trailblazers.

Everything I put on the truck is race car caliber parts, which arent cheap.

Rough "big ticket" costs?

front suspension with coilovers and bypasses, iwes and all the trimmings: $20K plus install. ( you can do this for less now.)

Rear suspension Including springs, 4.0s, bumps, custom fab work: $12K

CF bodywork: $3500 plus install

rear axle: $11K

Lighting: $5K

Bumpers: $2500

driveshaft: 1500

and then you have al the intercooler, radiator, trans, etc work.

I even count the 4 sets of tires that I've had on the truck.

It was also supposed to " stay stock as a daily driver" .

This was my first real "hard use" desert build. I've grown to fall in love with the adbventures, so this absolutely wont be the last rig I build. WAY more fun than track cars and go fast on pavement things that Ive done in the past.

Besides, If you add the superduty and trailer to the "project", now we're getting into 458 or 488 territory. :anitoof:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Was just looking for the stance not trying to replicate that truck.
Your Raptor looks sick! Nice Job!

if all you want is the stance, you'll still spend 15K on suspension. you could run spacers on the rear and not need the rear axle.

the bodywork, if you bought the same fenders will probably run you 25-30K with paint if you want it to be factory quality fitment.

for 40s, you'll want to regear.

Then you'll need to buy wheels and tires. The cheapest 40s youll find are $400 per. wheels , the sky is the limit.

to just replicate the stance, you'll want to budget probably $50K ish on top of the raptor.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wheel offset?
View attachment 125647 Perfect stance i am looking for.

The look is definitely replicate-able without all the suspension work. Of course the performance wouldn't be the same but we could have some wheels built for you to fill up the Deberti fenders. This truck is running the 3.0 Fox upgrades and taller leafs but stock UCA/LCA. The wheel's need to be fairly wide and very negative on the offset.
SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 2.png SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 3.png

View attachment 125648

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On top of the cost of the truck? No. Including the cost of the truck? That number is actually a little light.

I love the truck. It rips. Could I have done it for less knowing what I know now? emphatically yes. Would I have done some things differently, sure.

The truck works. I am not nice to it. It does what I ask.

I am also super **** about project build costs and keep a cost spreadsheet for all of my fun vehicles.

So I also include all of the parts that were on the truck, but are long since gone as it evolved. ( I have almost enough take off parts to build another truck into a more mild build right now).

I've probably taken 20-30K in parts back off of the truck too.

When I build another off-road rig, I'll be starting with a cab and will go full prerunner build.

It is also a little more expensive whenever you're pioneering modifications, So some things are now much less expensive to modify on the Gen2s because of the trailblazers.

Everything I put on the truck is race car caliber parts, which arent cheap.

Rough "big ticket" costs?

front suspension with coilovers and bypasses, iwes and all the trimmings: $20K plus install. ( you can do this for less now.)

Rear suspension Including springs, 4.0s, bumps, custom fab work: $12K

CF bodywork: $3500 plus install

rear axle: $11K

Lighting: $5K

Bumpers: $2500

driveshaft: 1500

and then you have al the intercooler, radiator, trans, etc work.

I even count the 4 sets of tires that I've had on the truck.

It was also supposed to " stay stock as a daily driver" .

This was my first real "hard use" desert build. I've grown to fall in love with the adbventures, so this absolutely wont be the last rig I build. WAY more fun than track cars and go fast on pavement things that Ive done in the past.

Besides, If you add the superduty and trailer to the "project", now we're getting into 458 or 488 territory. :anitoof:

I understand your math. Been there, done it. Yep, I was crazy also. Wont do it again. Way too many units out there that others have built and taken the hit on already. My days of building from scratch are done. It is an acquired "love" many have. I'm just over it. Not saying it is bad at all.
The desert is addicting for sure. Kinda like a drug. Purpose built rigs are beyond description. Don't drive one unless you are ready to pull the trigger and purchase one. LOL Seeing your build, that is the next step for you.

IMG_1263_zpsbenpflj5.jpg

Sam

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I understand your math. Been there, done it. Yep, I was crazy also. Wont do it again. Way too many units out there that others have built and taken the hit on already. My days of building from scratch are done. It is an acquired "love" many have. I'm just over it. Not saying it is bad at all.
The desert is addicting for sure. Kinda like a drug. Purpose built rigs are beyond description. Don't drive one unless you are ready to pull the trigger and purchase one. LOL Seeing your build, that is the next step for you.

IMG_1263_zpsbenpflj5.jpg

Sam

Trust me, I'm there. Just want to get the raptor completed and dialed before the next adventure starts. :angels2:

I love your setup. I made the mistake of driving a linked truck for a minute. While i want one, I also know that whether its a buggy or full-fledged prerunner, I have some driver mods to do before I'm ready.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I'm there. Just want to get the raptor completed and dialed before the next adventure starts. :angels2:

I love your setup. I made the mistake of driving a linked truck for a minute. While i want one, I also know that whether its a buggy or full-fledged prerunner, I have some driver mods to do before I'm ready.

Yea, the wire between my pea brain and car short circuited at Laughlin BITD.

IMG_0616_zpsvuh7dygm.jpg

IMG_1502_zpsnhulde4l.jpg

Got her going again though. LOL

IMG_0872_zpsraw4ygw4.jpg