Who actually likes their aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I decided the S-Type is too loud. Ordered the resonator to replace the X pipe and will advise when installed.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the resonator in tonight and tried to do it without pulling the exhaust down again but ended up doing just that. I didn't pull the spare this time but honestly would've been faster to have just done it.
Put it in and it is ALMOST stock sounding now, just slightly louder. I feel like a whiny b*tch but I wish it could be between what it is now and what it was with the x-pipe installed. Honestly though it's a little louder/meaner than stock which makes me happy and it's quiet enough that my wife wouldn't even notice the aftermarket exhaust had she not known about it when I cold started it after the S-Type install lol.

Sharkman

Reaction score
I am still toying with the Corsa Extreme Sport exhaust. My son has it on his 2012 Raptor and my wife hates it - too loud and obnoxious....

It is a $2000 mistake if my 2019 Raptor sounds just as loud and obnoxious. Dwelling on it....

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the resonator in tonight and tried to do it without pulling the exhaust down again but ended up doing just that. I didn't pull the spare this time but honestly would've been faster to have just done it.
Put it in and it is ALMOST stock sounding now, just slightly louder. I feel like a whiny b*tch but I wish it could be between what it is now and what it was with the x-pipe installed. Honestly though it's a little louder/meaner than stock which makes me happy and it's quiet enough that my wife wouldn't even notice the aftermarket exhaust had she not known about it when I cold started it after the S-Type install lol.
Unfortunately it sounds like you would have been more pleased with the ATAK and resonator. Its much tamer but still louder and deeper than stock. I have been reading posts, listening to clips, messaging vendors and members, and being a complete pest for this same reason. Trying to figure what will make me happy without having buyers remorse.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like you would have been more pleased with the ATAK and resonator. Its much tamer but still louder and deeper than stock. I have been reading posts, listening to clips, messaging vendors and members, and being a complete pest for this same reason. Trying to figure what will make me happy without having buyers remorse.
Are you saying reinstall the stock resonator in place of the Borla x-pipe?

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, borla has their own resonator that u have to buy that replaces the x pipe in their atak kit. Thats what sucks and is the deal breaker for me with the Borla atak system. You have to buy the entire atak kit with xpipe then spend more money on their resonator to replace the x pipe that u r now stuck with. Wish they did it in a modular fashion like corsa or awe where u could buy their muffler kit then choose if u wanted to add x pipe, resonator, whatever...

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still toying with the Corsa Extreme Sport exhaust. My son has it on his 2012 Raptor and my wife hates it - too loud and obnoxious....

It is a $2000 mistake if my 2019 Raptor sounds just as loud and obnoxious. Dwelling on it....
The extreme sounds great but it is LOUD! probably not as much as your sons V8 version. But def loud.

I've been toying with the idea of doing the corsa sport muffler. Then having my shop hack the suitcase resonator off and fit to awe's resonator kit or a pair of vibrant extreme quiet resonators hoping to achieve something between the sport and extreme sound level! I dunno. Just a brainstorm.