Who actually likes their aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put exhaust on my truck that's more aggressive than stock. I have realistic expectations of what a v6 will sound like with exhaust but would like to hear the turbos more and get more bite when I'm on it. I am Cobb stage 2, frequently tow a travel trailer and have a wife and kids who would not like the Borla Atak or electric cut outs ; )

If you are truly happy with your exhaust, not embarrassed when you romp on it, not droned out while cruising or feel like you ruined your truck by modifying the exhaust I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. There are so many options, I've listened to the clips, read the posts etc. but want real world feedback from people who are actually happy with their exhaust purchase as I don't know anyone local with a Gen 2 that has exhaust. My first job out of school was powertrain engineering at Ford and I know the amount of work they put into making their performance vehicles sound as good as they can within the bounds of compliance, fuel economy and legality but also know these restrictions mean there is meat left on the bones for aftermarket.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have the AWE 2FG; basically a (2nd) muffler delete leaving the resonator. At normal cruising, it’s a few db louder, at idle it’s louder and actually sounds pretty good. Step on it and things get loud. Not Borla Atak loud, but loud. I put some db readings in the AWE thread. Windows up, you definitely notice it. Windows down, yeah, you’ll know it’s there.

I definitely wasn’t going to the trouble of pulling it off.
I think the 2FG is priced right as well, you’re not getting any power out of it, so this is purely an aesthetic mod.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
I’ve been running the Flowmaster Flowfx for about a year now. I love it. It’s got a deeper tone than stock and no rasp at wide open throttle. There is no drone when driving interstate at 70mph. Don’t get me wrong it distant sound like a V8 but in my opinion it’s very good for a V6. Easy install and not priced to crazy for what it is.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AWE 2FG; basically a (2nd) muffler delete leaving the resonator. At normal cruising, it’s a few db louder, at idle it’s louder and actually sounds pretty good. Step on it and things get loud. Not Borla Atak loud, but loud. I put some db readings in the AWE thread. Windows up, you definitely notice it. Windows down, yeah, you’ll know it’s there.

I definitely wasn’t going to the trouble of pulling it off.
I think the 2FG is priced right as well, you’re not getting any power out of it, so this is purely an aesthetic mod.
It just sounds so raspy in the videos but I asked for first person feedback and you are providing it so I will add this to the short list of contenders.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running the Flowmaster Flowfx for about a year now. I love it. It’s got a deeper tone than stock and no rasp at wide open throttle. There is no drone when driving interstate at 70mph. Don’t get me wrong it distant sound like a V8 but in my opinion it’s very good for a V6. Easy install and not priced to crazy for what it is.
That doesn't sounds bad at all:

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda liking the Flowmaster. But seem to remember guys having a hard time with install and fitment issues. I like the AWE idea but would like to keep resonators and some type of muffler. I have gotten to like a bit more tone down exhaust sound in my old age.