Who actually likes their aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damnit guys now you have me reconsidering the Borla Atak haha. Some good feedback and thoughts so far!

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X Pipes and H pipes are a far better application for NA V8 applications to equalize the flow. In turbo applications, you want the exhaust to exit as fast as possible, for that a direct route out with no interruptions in flow is preferred.
Did not noticed any difference besides now instead of resonator I have just pipes without any restrictions because this X shape I dont think its much of any restriction.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I've decided, going Borla S-Type. Now to figure out what vendor has the best price!
Thanks all for the suggestions. Would've gone Ford Performance but it's just too damn expensive.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not noticed any difference besides now instead of resonator I have just pipes without any restrictions because this X shape I dont think its much of any restriction.
With how small the turbos are a 3" X pipe is probably not a restriction.
But the x pipe won't provide any gains like it would on a non turbocharged application where cylinder scavenging and exhaust pulses are of more importance.

OP, Also magnaflow catback Sounds good, it is just a v6 after all lol

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I've decided, going Borla S-Type. Now to figure out what vendor has the best price!
Thanks all for the suggestions. Would've gone Ford Performance but it's just too damn expensive.

Best price I’ve found on these in quite some time. They have the ATAK too, and this is the link for the S-type:

https://rcagarage.com/shop/exhaust-...MIjbWX-87k6AIVjSCtBh3iaQMBEAQYAyABEgKUC_D_BwE

I’m sure my wife wishes I’d gone with the S-type. The ATAK is too loud for her but I love it!

Last edited:

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With how small the turbos are a 3" X pipe is probably not a restriction.
But the x pipe won't provide any gains like it would on a non turbocharged application where cylinder scavenging and exhaust pulses are of more importance.

OP, Also magnaflow catback Sounds good, it is just a v6 after all lol
I was thinking of the magnaflow. I would like to keep resonators and tailpipes and replace stock muffler with something louder. Anyone try the magnaflow direct fit muffler?

Last edited: