Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
which is why I said it is all in how you look at it, add an extra 30k -50k on top of it and you could run a whole solar battery backup system on it that would not ever touch the grid. Then resell the overage back to the utility on the same meter. Look I could care less if you or anyone else on here buys an EV, Chevrolet does seem to have it figured out the best of all domestic car makers. The new Silverado will be an excellent truck and with 400 miles of range it will be a success. The F150 lightning will continue to improve.

Like it or not 50-60 percent of all new vehicles will be EV by 2030.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
……Like it or not 50-60 percent of all new vehicles will be EV by 2030.
Yeah, no. I say you’re wrong and the number will be much lower in the 10-30% range. When the “CO2 causes climate change” freaks lose their minds because the climate changing is based on solar activity and internal earth activity vs carbon dioxide is finally accepted as the fact it is, the push for battery power and destruction of the planet by searching and mining for more lithium will dwindle.

Facts are easy to ignore by the sheeple, but really tough to ignore for reasonable people.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, no. I say you’re wrong and the number will be much lower in the 10-30% range. When the “CO2 causes climate change” freaks lose their minds because the climate changing is based on solar activity and internal earth activity vs carbon dioxide is finally accepted as the fact it is, the push for battery power and destruction of the planet by searching and mining for more lithium will dwindle.

Facts are easy to ignore by the sheeple, but really tough to ignore for reasonable people.
I have to agree. I also hope so for the sake of common sense. EVs are more about offshoring emissions and environmental damage than actually fixing any existing problem. It’s amazing how it’s “green” to mine (destroy) millions of tons of earth to obtain precious metals and haul them away in CAT 797s as they belch untreated diesel exhaust into the air, but the average middle class American driving to work in their vehicle that emits nothing but CO2 and water is the “problem”. And as the “problem”, we need to subsidize adoption of EVs through ridiculous tax credits. Did people get tax credits for buying a car with a 3 Way Catalyst in the 70’s? Did people get a tax credit for buying clean Diesel engines with aftertreatment in the 2000’s? It was already part of the cost of the vehicle, and you paid road taxes through fuel. EVs drivers pay nothing in road taxes yet the weight of the vehicles contributes more to road erosion and damage than any comparable vehicle.

Don’t get me started on muskrat’s private jet that spews massive amounts of untreated exhaust particulate matter into the air every time it takes off as he tells his musketeers he’s “saving the planet” and claims he “won’t stop” until every car is a Tesla. He’s a narcissist sociopath. Let’s hope he goes to Mars and never comes back. Maybe eliminating all that hot verbal diarrhea CO2 spewing from his mouth will “save the planet”.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
which is why I said it is all in how you look at it, add an extra 30k -50k on top of it and you could run a whole solar battery backup system on it that would not ever touch the grid. Then resell the overage back to the utility on the same meter. Look I could care less if you or anyone else on here buys an EV, Chevrolet does seem to have it figured out the best of all domestic car makers. The new Silverado will be an excellent truck and with 400 miles of range it will be a success. The F150 lightning will continue to improve.

Attachments

• CF05FE37-B6D4-43D1-9058-DBBEEE821E39.jpeg
    CF05FE37-B6D4-43D1-9058-DBBEEE821E39.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 31
  • ECD66128-5910-49C7-BBFB-79BCD7A0D5E9.jpeg
    ECD66128-5910-49C7-BBFB-79BCD7A0D5E9.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 30

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just curious as to what would make you slide a high milage echo boost thread with EV nonsense?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe @Badgertits was the reason,
actually someone else started talking bout how they prefer a Hummer EV over a Raptor & how they’d save so much on gas….hmmm who was that? Multiple posts about the Hummer & “justifying” it- I was just giving a detailed response lol

Initially still curious to see where the Total mileage #s were coming in. As others have mentioned given that versions of fords 2.7/3.0/3.5 EB engines have been in use for over a decade now in some of the most widely used vehicles on the road- fleet trucks, rentals, emergency responder/police vehicles & in taxi service etc- all hard wear & tear use, there shouldn’t be much concern over the durability of this engine platform.

The electronics & gadgets that keep getting added onto the trucks is what I’d be more concerned about.

My brother in law has a 2017 expedition w/ 140k miles & hauls around 2-3 kids all over the place constantly w/ it & only changes the oil when the thing tell him to lol

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
iirc, this was a merged thread from another one.

I put 160 thousand trouble free miles on my Gen 1 Raptor with just changing the plugs. I have 50k now on my Gen 2 and it feels like it could do another 100k without any issues.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I saw the Save The Planet commentary, I just have to add my useless $0.02 cents.

From the great George Carlin, I still believe this 15+ years after he first ranted about it:

The planet is doing great: Been here 4.5 billion years! Do you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here 4.5 billion years, we’ve been here what? 100,000? Maybe 200,000? And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 200 years. 200 years versus 4.5 billion and we have the conceit to think that somehow, we’re a threat? That somehow, we’re going to put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun? The planet has been through a lot worse than us.

Been through all kinds of things worse than us: been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drifts, solar flares, sunspots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages, and we think some plastic bags, aluminum cans, and drilling for oil is going to make a difference?

The planet isn’t going anywhere… we are! We’re going away! Pack your shit folks! Probably due to our own tech inventions like Nukes....

end rant.

Carry on :)

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is alright I won't miss the 120-140 dollar fill ups of course I only run premium 93 octane. How bout you guys?

that is generally a week so extrapolated, that would be aroun $6,800 annually on gas. So compared to $2000 dollars for electricity. So, that is an annualized savings of $4-5k.

It is all in how you look at it.

I would happily flush $6,800 per year down the toilet to avoid having to drive that overweight, 5 ton hunk of sheet around everyday, but that’s just me.

It’s all in how you look at it.