Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just remember when Biden got elected and everyone knew gas prices were going up a lot of the Gen 2 trucks on here went up for sale or were traded in. If they ever start selling Gen 3s for the discounts Gen 1s and 2s use to get on here then I think it will be a good thing. It is hard to justify a 90-120k F150 truck with an MSRP of 70-80k. Ford makes an excellent product do not get me wrong but they just do not hold their value.

Toyota Tundra right now has a hybrid and a twin turbo v6 which is very competitive for the Raptor's 3.5 ecoboost. The hardest thing my truck has ever seen are dirt roads and gravel. A new EV Hummer can easily handle that and for the 80-90k I am spending for it, I do not have to buy gas.

I’m not going to argue with you about adm, I won’t pay an adm and I don’t think the Gen 3 is worth the 100-110k some dealers are charging. But it’s egregious pricing and will hopefully go away. With the said, over the long term, unless you’re an idiot and paid 20-30k over msrp for one, the Raptor has retained its value excellently compared to anything else out there. I’ve never heard anyone say otherwise.

I can only speak for myself, but gas prices have absolutely nothing to do with my decision to own and dd a Raptor.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but gas prices have absolutely nothing to do with my decision to own and dd a Raptor.

Gas isn't the point, the Hummer EV is sick. Anyone who doesn't say otherwise hasn't been in one or seen what ti can do. Everything being equal 90k for a Raptor or 90k for a Hummer EV. I am buying the EV without having to gas for the Raptor which would make it more expensive to operate. I love the Raptor it just isn't worth what they are charging for one. Oh and my car gets about the same mpg as my Raptor.

As far as longevity goes the 3.5 liter eco boost is very reliable and will go many 100s of thousands of miles.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the said, over the long term, unless you’re an idiot and paid 20-30k over msrp for one, the Raptor has retained its value excellently compared to anything else out there. I’ve never heard anyone say otherwise.
Tread lightly…some did.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-ya-pay…-msrp-adm-poll.89413

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there are many reputable outlets touting ev’s as less expensive to operate. I think this topic fits relatively well in a longevity thread. The accepted industry standard is 50% depreciation on an electric vehicle over 3 years of ownership. This fact pushes the EV into the more expensive to operate category. Head to head for the first three years cost per mile only slightly favors an EV. True or not people have extreme fears of used EV’s. Apples to oranges, but how is your 5k ear old cell phone at holding a charge? I hope technology figures it out, but right now an eco boost for 250k miles is a better bet than a Hummer EV for 125k.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gas isn't the point, the Hummer EV is sick. Anyone who doesn't say otherwise hasn't been in one or seen what ti can do. Everything being equal 90k for a Raptor or 90k for a Hummer EV. I am buying the EV without having to gas for the Raptor which would make it more expensive to operate. I love the Raptor it just isn't worth what they are charging for one. Oh and my car gets about the same mpg as my Raptor.
As far as longevity goes the 3.5 liter eco boost is very reliable and will go many 100s of thousands of miles.
ok now I understand your point…

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just remember when Biden got elected and everyone knew gas prices were going up a lot of the Gen 2 trucks on here went up for sale or were traded in. If they ever start selling Gen 3s for the discounts Gen 1s and 2s use to get on here then I think it will be a good thing. It is hard to justify a 90-120k F150 truck with an MSRP of 70-80k. Ford makes an excellent product do not get me wrong but they just do not hold their value.
So you made the numbers up. Why?

What are you talking about not holding value? The transaction prices of used Fords are the exact opposite of what you’re claiming.
Toyota Tundra right now has a hybrid and a twin turbo v6 which is very competitive for the Raptor's 3.5 ecoboost. The hardest thing my truck has ever seen are dirt roads and gravel. A new EV Hummer can easily handle that and for the 80-90k I am spending for it, I do not have to buy gas.
The Tundra is not competitive. Is has a cheap NiMH battery from hybrids of 2 decades ago. It doesn’t offer on-board generator functionality. It’s also significantly smaller than an F-150, yet slower and achieves lower fuel economy. It doesn’t have an option for full time 4WD even on the top “capstone” model. It’s a joke, and another pathetic attempt by the Japanese to steal market share in the full size pickup segment with their inferior products.

As far as the Hummer EV, its an experiment in how much money consumers will waste on a product simply because it’s battery electric and not ICE. It weighs more than an F-450 Super Duty yet can’t tow what an F-150 can. It costs more than a Raptor R yet would never survive a day in the Baja. It consumes the same energy in 300 miles that it takes to power the average house for a week, yet it’s considered “green”. If there was ever an industry farce pushed forward by those profiting from it (muskrat), this is it.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was

It will absolutely not outperform an r. Its thousands of lbs heavier and will never be able to go into sand because the weight vs contact patch is so lopsided that you will get frame bottomed and require a massive rig to get you out.
I don’t know bout that man….humvees….

Docked Wages

Reaction score
I’ve contributed too much to the derailment of this thread, so here’s an oldie but goodie to get us back on track.

Thanks for bringing the thread back around. The video somewhat restored my faith in my Gen2 Raptor.

I'm searching the threads here for high mileage Gen 2's because my 2017 just crossed 83k on the odometer. It's on the second engine and third set of cam phasers.

My gut tells me to dump this truck when it gets to 100K and the ESP expires but since it's paid off I really want to believe this truck can deliver another 80K before I replace it.

The ownership experience has not been all that great for us. Besides the Phasers it has a sunroof that could never get the creak noise in the right rear corner fixed, a transmission that slam shifts and I have to reset Adaptive Learning with the Forscan App, and now the rear diff E-locker would not disengage when I used it to pull a boat out on a nasty dirt ramp. In all since we've owned the truck it's spent over 2 months at the dealer for recurring issues. Technically it is not a lemon (but should be) because the issues re-occurred after the original 36K warranty expired. Thank God for the ESP. I could also write a book on all of the stupid stuff I've endured at the dealerships both at the hands of techs and the management. I'm trying to forget the past and see if there's a future for this truck.

Let's see some examples of high miles on these Gen2's. What kind of high miles do you guys have on Gen2's that will help me restore my faith in this truck?