Who’s got the highest mileage raptor eco boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
Who has or had the highest mileage raptor eco boost (Gen 2 or gen3). For those with high mileage any major issues?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has or had the highest mileage raptor eco boost (Gen 2 or gen3). For those with high mileage any major issues?
You will find that most love their ecoboost raptor. Sure, ecoboost is fun, but be prepared to pay for engine work along the way. I believe that oil consumption and these cam phaser problems are really the only part/supplier/design/tuning issues. To me, those are a big deal and why I would not chance buying one. Now, we see turbo failures, so add that for what to watch. I would not spend my money on something that has these things to worry about. Maybe some don’t have these problems, or people who do don’t care (warranty?… but who pays for the next failure?). I am not sure why people are spending a premium to potentially have these problems. If you look at the fleet 6.2, that engine is definitely not as fun, but has a massively better background. You just don’t see widespread issues on that 6.2. Sure, there are hit and miss engines with bad build quality, but there were no recalls or TSBs on it. Food for thought, and definitely an unpopular opinion in the fanboy eco world. Eco owners are really triggered when anyone question’s anything about the ecoboost.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will find that most love their ecoboost raptor. Sure, ecoboost is fun, but be prepared to pay for engine work along the way. I believe that oil consumption and these cam phaser problems are really the only part/supplier/design/tuning issues. To me, those are a big deal and why I would not chance buying one. Now, we see turbo failures, so add that for what to watch. I would not spend my money on something that has these things to worry about. Maybe some don’t have these problems, or people who do don’t care (warranty?… but who pays for the next failure?). I am not sure why people are spending a premium to potentially have these problems. If you look at the fleet 6.2, that engine is definitely not as fun, but has a massively better background. You just don’t see widespread issues on that 6.2. Sure, there are hit and miss engines with bad build quality, but there were no recalls or TSBs on it. Food for thought, and definitely an unpopular opinion in the fanboy eco world. Eco owners are really triggered when anyone question’s anything about the ecoboost.
You need to just stop. This thread is about high mileage trucks, yet as always you use it as a podium to troll and spread your misinformation. You have no clue what you’re talking about, not do you even own a Raptor.

You couldn’t fix a sandwich, so your comments about working on vehicles is irrelevant and laughable at best. There are also plenty of TSBs on the 6.2, not that you’d know.

Anyway, back on topic; ignore the know nothing Gen 1 fanboy. 23k on my ‘19, so no high mileage here.

OP
OP
jpl291

jpl291

Reaction score
Dude, the Gen 3 just came out. Try back with this question in say, 5 years. You might get a better response.
It’s the same engine in the gen2/3. It’s been out since 2017. 5 years is plenty of time to put some mileage on a vehicle. I’m aware the Gen 3 just came out but in reference to the engine there is no difference therefore the data should apply to our Gen 3’s.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the same engine in the gen2/3. It’s been out since 2017. 5 years is plenty of time to put some mileage on a vehicle. I’m aware the Gen 3 just came out but in reference to the engine there is no difference therefore the data should apply to our Gen 3’s.
People just like to make waves for no reason on here it appears. I totally understood where you were coming from, and am interested myself.