Which do you prefer for you Gen 3? 2 Fogs Pairs? or 3 Fog Pairs? (See Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As we start working on some much needed replacements for the 2021+ Raptor.... The question was.... with the smaller opening, can we still get 3 pairs in there? or just 2?

Well, we have begun working on the initial layout and design of the replacement fog kits.

When we removed the underpowered stock units, we were surprised to see... if we get them in there snug... we might be able to get 3 sets in again... It will be tight, and a tiny bit of the frame might be hidden... but not the light.
Because it will be tight, we can probably get a close out frame around the 3 to close in the gaps on the ends... but not between and around....

So, would you prefer to see 3? or 2 spaced out?

If we do 2, we may be able to create a plastic close out panel more like what came with the stock lights.

And don't worry. We would have Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics options as well. The Rigids are the largest, so a pretty good gauge on what you have to work with.

So, which do you prefer? And share....

Let us know your thoughts!!!

John
SPVparts.com

21.jpg

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 95
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 92

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can squeeze the three rigids in there, I would be cautious on how they'd look with the amber backlights on. Would it be too close of a fit that it overlaps or looks to smooshed? I am trying to imagine what it would look like in the 2nd picture you posted with them on and compare it to your Gen2 kit.. That had good spacing you could see the three individual lights but I am concerned how it would look when they are all squished together.

image_952a2139-aa05-423c-9a98-5e7455782c52_720x.jpg

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you can squeeze the three rigids in there, I would be cautious on how they'd look with the amber backlights on. Would it be too close of a fit that it overlaps or looks to smooshed? I am trying to imagine what it would look like in the 2nd picture you posted with them on and compare it to your Gen2 kit.. That had good spacing you could see the three individual lights but I am concerned how it would look when they are all squished together.

View attachment 321333
That's a good point. I actually have an Idea on how to make it compatible with both options. Stay tuned... and keep giving your thoughts everyone...

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Three looks like a horizontal adjustment would be a pain if not impossible.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Gen3, but just curious if it's possible to design a kit such that it reuses the factory plugs? That would be a huge selling point for me to keep the fog light switch and the upfitter without having to cut and splice different connectors on.

dc1gator

Reaction score
I wonder if the triple bezel mount will fit (maybe with minor modifications). I removed my triple BD lights to put on the 21. BD has to be far superior to what comes stock. I may opt for two BD's in the place of stock if necessary. From what I see, 3 lights will definitely not fit.

TxNessie84

Reaction score
I don't have a Gen3, but just curious if it's possible to design a kit such that it reuses the factory plugs? That would be a huge selling point for me to keep the fog light switch and the upfitter without having to cut and splice different connectors on.
I would rather have two lights that don’t involve cutting or splicing factory wiring than three lights that involved irreversible or not easily reversible changes.