Which do you prefer for you Gen 3? 2 Fogs Pairs? or 3 Fog Pairs? (See Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three would be ideal. But I’d prefer BD squadrons to the rigids you had in the pic. Are squadrons dimensionally similar or are they larger? Since the Gen 3 pockets are smaller than Gen 2 I’d only planned on keeping my squadron pro combo and a pair of S1’s for the front pockets. If I can fit another pair in there though…then that’s great news.

Selling the BD SAE pair with my Gen 2 pocket mounts.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a Gen3, but just curious if it's possible to design a kit such that it reuses the factory plugs? That would be a huge selling point for me to keep the fog light switch and the upfitter without having to cut and splice different connectors on.

Yes. I actually covered that previously. It may have been in a different thread, but I think it was this one.
We don’t design harnesses that require cutting off connectors or splicing factory wire. In fact, we developed a wire harness system that is the first like it which is completely plug n play, buildable and interconnecting. So you can take several components and pieces and plug them together to build whatever you need.

That being said, we have all sorts of factory fog adapter plugs, splitters, relays, adapters, etc.

What we are working on for everyone is a plug n play slim connector harness that will plug into all 4 plugs (2 on each side) which are connected to the Aux 1 switch and the factory fog switch. That small slim harness will run up to behind the headlight/battery where the other 5 switch wires are. Then you will have access to 7 switch wires, not 5, not 6. Why run it up there? Can you just connect an short little adapter? Sure. We will have those too, but by bringing those connections back together to square one, you can do things such as plug in a relay to our pro fog harness and connect all 4 or maybe 6 fog lights all to the one factory fog switch connection if you wanted. Then you’d have 6 more fog switch wires back!
Or, what if you wanted your fogs on switch 1, and wanted to use the fog switch for something else?
Keep in mind, the fog switch will shut off the fogs when the brights come on. If you don’t want that, you could put them all on switch 1.
What if you had 3 pairs of fogs. (Or 2) and say you had one SAE street legal. You may want that on the fog switch and the others on switch 1 and 2.
By bringing access wires all back to the same spot with the others, you can just plug them all in to our various universal harnesses.

We will have options for Rigid and Baja Designs lights, as well as Diode Dynamics

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Three would be ideal. But I’d prefer BD squadrons to the rigids you had in the pic. Are squadrons dimensionally similar or are they larger? Since the Gen 3 pockets are smaller than Gen 2 I’d only planned on keeping my squadron pro combo and a pair of S1’s for the front pockets. If I can fit another pair in there though…then that’s great news.

Selling the BD SAE pair with my Gen 2 pocket mounts.

Yeah, the squadrons are actually just a tiny bit smaller. So sitting the Rigids in there like that gives a good baseline, because if they fit, you know the Baja’s will.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can not wait to see the options for BD as have all from gen 2

Well, we are actively working on them as well as direct bolt in replacement bracket attachments for the existing cases with Baja S2’s, Diode Dynamics SS2’s and higher power Rigid SRM’s for those that want to retain those housings, though they will obviously offer a lot less power than the full size units we will also have.
I will try to post some more pictures of those next week.

John

Wackem1

Reaction score
2 lights would better than having to modify things! Make it much easier with plug an play and go!