Which do you prefer for you Gen 3? 2 Fogs Pairs? or 3 Fog Pairs? (See Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just posted a new thread for the triple fog brackets. These should go on preorder by the end of the week and they should ship out in 3-4 weeks.

John

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Three looks like a horizontal adjustment would be a pain if not impossible.
I was thinking this. if you cannot aim them then what is the point? and also Squadrons would fit in there correct? It almost seems that now you need your forward facing lights hidden in the middle of the bumper and your lateral vision lighting in the outer bumper to make it work properly to get all the proper lighting zones

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was thinking this. if you cannot aim them then what is the point? and also Squadrons would fit in there correct? It almost seems that now you need your forward facing lights hidden in the middle of the bumper and your lateral vision lighting in the outer bumper to make it work properly to get all the proper lighting zones
Nope. We were able to get everything lined up really really well. This took so so many minor adjustments and tweaks...

That being said, just throwing a bunch of random slots in there like a lot of companies do, will either never achieve that optimal positioning... or be a real pain to get them lined up right... Keep that in mind when you hear others claim "adjustable brackets". It isn't about just having adjustment. It's about precision positioning and adjustment.
So... we put together a series of positions to provide marked locations for a fast and seamless installation of your lights on the bracket and then simply bolt them in. With these predesignated reference locations, it will be the quickest and easiest install on any kit yet.

John

gen 3 fog bracket.jpg

jmundy41

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the hard work you have done John. About to place an order with you.

Don’t know if this will help anyone or not but here’s my experience. I had a Gen 2 and bought the baja 3 light package. Super bright and loved having them for the country roads I drive all the time. But I kept thinking, wow over a $1k for lights. What was I thinking?

Fast forward to selling the Gen 2 and buying a Gen 3. The factory lights on them are crap in my opinion. I can’t wait to spend my money buying the 3 baja light package again. I just had a friend total his car by hitting a deer. Makes me think it’s just a fun form of insurance!

Long story short….upgrade the lights. You won’t regret it

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious as to what Triple Fog Rigid light setup is this? For example, Spot, Spot, Flood… Thanks.
The one in that short video is the Radiance kit. Rigid makes the radiance and scene lights with the amber backlight. They are neither spot, driving or flood. They are probably more like a flood pattern than anything, and work quite well as fog lights and people seem very happy with them. The scene version is the brightest.
The radiance and scene versions though just don’t come in various light patterns like that. They are all the same pattern.
Now, don’t let that turn you away from them. They are the most popular kit there is. So check out this demo video at night with the same lights on a Gen 2 comparing the radiance and scene.

John

Dirtyshoez

Reaction score
I did a Leer with butterfly doors. I love it

Attachments

• 20211205_174309.jpg
    20211205_174309.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 10