Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

where to buy a Krazy Beaver shovel?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by tahoeacr, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

sixshooter_45 likes this.
  2. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

E-tool is not a bad option. I had to press one into service at one of my first commercial jobs post ETS. Find some conduit that was supposed to be stubbed into the electrical cabinet but wasn’t. I was way underpaid for that job.

Used it a few times off road as well.

3. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

A friend of mine has a really nice entrenching tool. He said that it's German surplus. It's got a pick that lays up against the handle when it's fully unfolded. It can be used as a pick when in the half unfolded position. It's really nice and well made.

4. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

Just get a fiberglass handle shovel and tie it down in the bed, its a good thing to have in a raptor anyway and the glass wont deteriorate as quickly in the weather. If you have to dig yourself out of a mess you will be glad to have the full size shove.

GordoJay likes this.
  5. Dhowell

Dhowell Member

BuiltRightind.com has them

6. TDBrown

TDBrown Full Access Member

Have you used these? Look like great options but there are no reviews on Amazon. Wondering if they’re suitable for heavy duty.

I have this in my truck:

https://www.tygerauto.com/16-in-1-m...amping-outdoor-survivalist-and-emergency.html

Very good quality. It’s not going to replace a full sized shovel, but it’s the best solution I’ve found for throwing behind the back seat.

7. RotorHead695

RotorHead695 Full Access Member

We have to carry one and also water during fire season in OR.

Always wanted one of these guys, but hard to spend the money when I already have a serviceable shovel in my truck. They also have mounts and storage bags.

https://dmoscollective.com/collections/shovels

8. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

i bought my murder spork direct from krazy beaver.

I love the shovel and the spikes, but id recommend getting a cover from them too so it isn't so pokey unless you want it to be.

9. DFS

DFS Full Access Member

That's just the out of control RTO area NFS/BLM guys. They have their whole narcotics unit that trains with SOCOM detachments in Fallon and Carson City ranges. Wouldn't be surprised if he was simply on a powerplay from the area command seeing what they can get away with, being militarized version of Fish & Game essentially. Best bet is to steer clear of the Sierra's in that area and go more towards Pyramid, never had an issue out there. Typically, the further you get from CA the more freedoms you retain in my experience around Reno/Tahoe.

10. TallVol

TallVol Member

I live in the Appalachians, and we don't usually have to worry about fires here. That being said, I have a "Russian special forces shovel" that I've kept in my vehicles since around 2008. Fits Uber the back seat in the raptor perfectly. Cold steel makes it using decent knife steel (1075 I think) so you can sharpen it if you desire. I found out looking for this link that they make a longer handle version now. Either way, handy item to have around

https://www.coldsteel.com/special-forces-shovel-w-3-sheath-92sfs