Where to buy Eibachs & Icons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whaler27

Reaction score
I’ve tried searching “where to buy” and “best price” on these terms without luck, so I’m hoping you guys can help. I want Eibachs, Icons w/option 2, a bump-stop solution, and stronger shackles (factory length).

I’ve asked one of the forum vendors for a quote and their best deal was retail price with free shipping and no sales tax. (Of course, we don’t ever pay sales tax because the parts are being shipped to Oregon, and Oregon has no sales tax... so I’m getting full retail pricing with free shipping from nearby west coast locations.) Does that seem like a screaming good deal? Any better suggestions?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of Forum Vendors that offer both here. Moving this to Gen 2 suspension section.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried searching “where to buy” and “best price” on these terms without luck, so I’m hoping you guys can help. I want Eibachs, Icons w/option 2, a bump-stop solution, and stronger shackles (factory length).

I’ve asked one of the forum vendors for a quote and their best deal was retail price with free shipping and no sales tax. (Of course, we don’t ever pay sales tax because the parts are being shipped to Oregon, and Oregon has no sales tax... so I’m getting full retail pricing with free shipping from nearby west coast locations.) Does that seem like a screaming good deal? Any better suggestions?
shocks are nonexistent right now. nobody has anything in stock.

OP
OP
Whaler27

Whaler27

Reaction score
There are a number of Forum Vendors that offer both here. Moving this to Gen 2 suspension section.
Yes. Thank you. I contacted one of them and got the retail offer I quoted above. Perhaps that’s the best opportunity, but I’ve seen discount deals on almost everything in the past — which is why I asked for recommendations.

shocks are nonexistent right now. nobody has anything in stock.

I’m not shopping for shocks. Just springs. Several vendors have those in stock.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys at @OffroadAlliance.com have always done great by me and they have a huge selection of brands and options. Their customer service is top notch too.
Seems like I've seen lots of posts lately that rear leafs are back-ordered from everyone so it may be the "supply/demand" thing. Generally the vendors on here will give you a custom quote if you PM them. Good luck!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Respectfully, all of the items you mentioned are fairly heavy. The Icon leafs ship via LTL freight on a pallet . The Eibach springs weigh 50lb and the SVC kit weighs around 65lbs. As vendors offering free shipping, we're covering these costs so while it may not seem like much, you're talking about hundreds of dollars in savings. That being said, I'd be happy to offer you some package savings. If you're interested, feel free to send me a PM.

-Nick

OP
OP
Whaler27

Whaler27

Reaction score
Nick, I understand shipping costs, and I’m not complaining. I’m just trying to avoid spending more than necessary. Please PM your best price shipped to a commercial address in Eugene, Oregon (97401). (I’m not working people against each other, naming retailers, or posting the quotes I’ve been given. Just asking for your best.)

By my math, which could well be wrong, the free shipping on the quote I received amounted to about an 8% net discount on the three items I listed. If they are scarce commodities, and that’s the best I can do, that’s life, but I’ve seen much deeper discounts on lots of quality 4x4 parts, so I figured it was worth asking.

When I was much younger I worked in a dive shop that sold scuba equipment. At the time I was there the shop was the top seller in the northwest for two of the largest equipment brands, so we got very good pricing from the manufacturers. Even so, there were a few items we carried primarily for customer convenience, as mail order competition made it impossible to make significant money on them. For example, in 1983, an 80 cubic foot scuba tank cost $106 (with shipping) through the big mail order houses. Our wholesale cost on the same tank was $100 —- so when we price-matched we made a whopping $6 on a $100 investment. On some other items, like wetsuits, T-shirts and small accessories, our margin was much more generous. An 8% discount on a scuba tank would have put us in the hole over $2, while an 8% discount on a key chain might have still allowed a 50% profit.

I have no idea what the margin or availability is on the truck parts I want — so I have to ask for direction to good pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter