GEN 2 wheel well liners or LineX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanMenace

Reaction score
Isn't the wheel well painted aluminum alloy ? I don't think you will be preventing any corrosion when the paint gets damaged by going with spray in line-x Might be just a waste of x-amount of money....

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have misunderstood something earlier on... do the liners in this thread actually fit a 2019 Raptor with the live wire shocks? Has anyone tried them!
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... i tried the Husky Liners and had a hell of a time. I decided i wasn’t willing to modify them to get it installed. I returned them and went with Line-x. Looks great and no regrets. I was also decided i didn’t care for the look as the liners covered the shocks. You can find a ton of info out here regarding the debate between the two options... really boils down to personal preference.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the wheel well painted aluminum alloy ? I don't think you will be preventing any corrosion when the paint gets damaged by going with spray in line-x Might be just a waste of x-amount of money....

Full Disclosure: i work for a steel company that produces automotive exposed and unexposed carbon and stainless steel... so there might be some bias. And yes i got roasted when i showed up with a raptor containing quite a bit of Aluminum. But... Aluminum will absolutely corrode. Obviously not a red rust like carbon steel... but more of a white rust. I opted for the Line-X to really seal that area up. Frankly, i felt like they were basically primed and barely had overspray in terms of paint. I am very pleased with the new look and improved protection.

Before:
f12469d65b751b002fe8ffceb4b83dbb.jpg

After:
7c26be15b6b408dc26a83f02ed87f8e9.jpg

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full Disclosure: i work for a steel company that produces automotive exposed and unexposed carbon and stainless steel... so there might be some bias. And yes i got roasted when i showed up with a raptor containing quite a bit of Aluminum. But... Aluminum will absolutely corrode. Obviously not a red rust like carbon steel... but more of a white rust. I opted for the Line-X to really seal that area up. Frankly, i felt like they were basically primed and barely had overspray in terms of paint. I am very pleased with the new look and improved protection.

Before:
f12469d65b751b002fe8ffceb4b83dbb.jpg

After:
7c26be15b6b408dc26a83f02ed87f8e9.jpg

Rears only?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
I must have misunderstood something earlier on... do the liners in this thread actually fit a 2019 Raptor with the live wire shocks? Has anyone tried them!
Thanks!

ef1e0f7f197e5c986271c409c0013030.jpg they fit and I like the factory look to them.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

That’s awesome thank you I think I will do them too!

OP
OP
M

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I called the LineX shop closest to me to schedule an appointment for the bed and they don’t do wheel wells. I am gonna try a few others in the area but may end up doing it myself or buying liners. Most likely spraying myself if I can’t fine a LineX shop to do it as from the pics I’ve seen I don’t like how much the liners cover the shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I called the LineX shop closest to me to schedule an appointment for the bed and they don’t do wheel wells. I am gonna try a few others in the area but may end up doing it myself or buying liners. Most likely spraying myself if I can’t fine a LineX shop to do it as from the pics I’ve seen I don’t like how much the liners cover the shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My shop in Santa Ana, CA $250

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Kalex

Reaction score
Out of 4 or 5 shops I called within about a 100 mile radius of me only 1 would even do my wheel wells and they wanted 500 bucks. I wish I would have thought about it/known and had it done when the bed was done. I had the bed done by Line-x at the dealership(2,000 miles from me) before I picked my truck up. I live in Norcal(bay area).

Last edited: