GEN 2 wheel well liners or LineX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went the DIY, spray-in liner-in-a-can route myself. Felt I had better QC of taping off areas to avoid overspray, would avoid missing/light-coating the harder to reach angles, and could touch it up after it dries. Did 2 lighter coats (rather than one thick gloppy coat) on both rears. Plus, the unused part of the 2nd can is still available for any touch-up should something really big take out a divot. Word to the wise...wear a filter mask/ respirator and good goggles. Dayum that stuff is nasty and you don't want those fumes getting in your lungs.

Ddpt, I like the look of those sprayed-on skid plates, may consider doing that the next time I drop 'em for an oil change.

Jzweedyk, those sprayed-on fender flares aren't too bad either, maybe after a few years when mine are sufficiently scuffed up to bother me...

Way back when in Chicago, I knew a guy who line-x'd the entire outside of his Tacoma. Looked pretty weird from 30 feet or so away, then as you got closer you had that 'oh-my-gawd, he line-x'd his whole truck' moment...'Course was a piece of cake to clean, no worry about door dings or off-road pin striping. Too bad your only color option is black. Any one make a performance blue or ruby red line-x compound? Now that would be a sight to see.
[/QUOTE]When my truck was being worked on there was a Jeep Wrangler LineX from head to toe in Lime Green. Kind of extreme for me, but they make that stuff in a variety of colors.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk