Wheel spacer - good or bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why I’m thinking if it only possibly rubs during full lock, should I use them. Most driving won’t have an issue.

Curious if anybody else has the factory race series 3.0 suspension on stock wheels to confirm if they had this issue.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you , I’ve personally seen at least 3 spacers fail 2 on trail and 1 on street which caused an accident. 75-100 lbs per corner with increased sheer force and fewer threads on the lug is not a bet i would personally be willing to make.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m hearing from the shop that they bought 15mm rough country spacers that are lug centric. Should I just stop them and drive it without the spacer / get a second opinion? I imagine at 15mm (1/2”) they don’t make hub-centric

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to do it, I would prefer something like a bora wheel “adapter” that is hub centric. Considering them for my rear axle actually

Only down side is they are a bigger spacer and you would be 1 1/4-1 1/2” wider per side, similar to a 0 offset, and you seem to be chasing 1/2”.

OP
OP
ChrisMcP05

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to do it, I would prefer something like a bora wheel “adapter” that is hub centric. Considering them for my rear axle actually

Only down side is they are a bigger spacer and you would be 1 1/4-1 1/2” wider per side, similar to a 0 offset, and you seem to be chasing 1/2”.
I agree. I think they shopped for a spacer that fits a general F150 and not used on a raptor (just heavier setup and weight on the load). Absolute headache from this as fox advertises the suspension to fit without a spacer and I’m wondering if it was mounted properly now. Haven’t yet seen it since dropping it off earlier this week.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you , I’ve personally seen at least 3 spacers fail 2 on trail and 1 on street which caused an accident. 75-100 lbs per corner with increased sheer force and fewer threads on the lug is not a bet i would personally be willing to make.
They’re definitely not bullet proof. But I’ve also been using them on the trail and jumped a few times and no issues. BUT I’ve been on trail runs where jeep’ers broke factory lugs before too so…..
So I’m hearing from the shop that they bought 15mm rough country spacers that are lug centric. Should I just stop them and drive it without the spacer / get a second opinion? I imagine at 15mm (1/2”) they don’t make hub-centric
yeah like “Jakenbake” said and I said previously. I would DEFINITELY get bora wheel spacers. Those are the only ones I would run. They’re made in USA and lifetime warranty. I ran them on my import for years with track days, and I run them now on my gen Juan with several trail rides and jumps with no issues.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I think they shopped for a spacer that fits a general F150 and not used on a raptor (just heavier setup and weight on the load). Absolute headache from this as fox advertises the suspension to fit without a spacer and I’m wondering if it was mounted properly now. Haven’t yet seen it since dropping it off earlier this week.

When you get it, take a picture or two, perhaps someone might be able to identify if there are any install issues.

This stuff is custom, even though it is off the shelf. Sometimes little differences, possible miss alignments, etc cause some stuff to hit. I would also wager that quite a few folks running these do so on 0 offset wheels and that would eliminate the clearance issue without anyone really noticing the rub that would occur on stock wheels.