Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I go mid I'll do the brenthal mid.

It requires welding but I've got that down. It's not quite as wide. I've seen a rig with a set of front fenders and on the bed they drilled out the middle inner fender spot welds and used paintless dent repair pull pads as pull points on the fender to pull it out about 2" then welded in a fabricated inner fender that didn't have that pinch weld on it like the stock two-piece one that is really a base truck part with a raptor spec spacer on it.

I have been down this path. 1st trip was doing all the upgrades you mentioned. The second time I replaced most of the first updages and went mid-travel. The upgrades you mention are great but the truck keeps its stock geometry so its a mild improvement. With Mid Travel you change a bunch of the geometry and the difference is very noticeable. Its an entirely different truck with midtravel. If you love to offroad skip the above and think about mid travel. Team SVC is great they will tell you how to step into it if you need to. DM me if you want to discuss
I agree. I’m at the point where I’ve felt what 18-20 inches of travel feels like in the back and now want a long travel front. If I were to do the back again I’d reinforce the frame and link it from the get go

OP
OP
Milertimeraptor
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the knowledge. So far i'm considering the svc mid travel setup the most. I do Run 37's and heard the svc kits run 2" wider up front. Are Extended Fenders going to be a necessity? Ive read many threads on how to cut/ pinch the welds in the fenderwells. which is probably how far Im willing to go right off the bat. I have method race wheels with a 0 offset as well.

2. - So I noticed the SVC UCA's with the smaller heims are actually not available anymore (as of a week ago) so I would be going with the mid travel billet UCA's with the 1.5" uni ball.
https://svcoffroad.com/collections/...s/gen-1-ford-raptor-billet-upper-control-arms
Question: Would I be able to install those UCA's with the bigger 1.5" ball on the stock setup? if so... why couldn't I upgrade to the SVC LCA's and everything else in the SVC mid travel setup later on?
Bang for my buck wise, wondering if could just get the UCA's and Shocks right now?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the knowledge. So far i'm considering the svc mid travel setup the most. I do Run 37's and heard the svc kits run 2" wider up front. Are Extended Fenders going to be a necessity? Ive read many threads on how to cut/ pinch the welds in the fenderwells. which is probably how far Im willing to go right off the bat. I have method race wheels with a 0 offset as well.

2. - So I noticed the SVC UCA's with the smaller heims are actually not available anymore (as of a week ago) so I would be going with the mid travel billet UCA's with the 1.5" uni ball.
https://svcoffroad.com/collections/...s/gen-1-ford-raptor-billet-upper-control-arms
Question: Would I be able to install those UCA's with the bigger 1.5" ball on the stock setup? if so... why couldn't I upgrade to the SVC LCA's and everything else in the SVC mid travel setup later on?
Bang for my buck wise, wondering if could just get the UCA's and Shocks right now?

I mean technically you don’t “have to run extended fenders, you could cut them to pieces, joke. I have a friend who just did the SVC mid travel and he is going to +4’s, already had +2’s. I have seen a few guys running around on plus 2’s with the mid travel though.

The arms you posted the link to are not the mid travel arms. They are for a stock track width truck. If you decide to go mid travel there is very little you can do up front or “build it as you go”. Dollar for dollar if you want mid travel, save up and do it once is the cheapest.

I am currently waiting on my shocks to get delivered. I went with a bypass rack, 3.5’s and 3.0 coilovers up front. I do not know for sure if I want to stay stock track width up front and dual a secondary bypass or go with a long travel setup. I am going to run it as it will be for a while and see. If I decide to stay stock track width then I can reuse my new 3.0, if not I will sell it and my aftermarket UCA in preparation for the switch. I’ll take a hit on the sell, as in more money then if I just went long travel but then again I will have used them so.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gotcha...do the UCA's in the link above add any suspension travel? If So how much?

People will claim that they do. IF they do it will be minimal. They do let you adjust you alignment from the UCA (I think on the truck) rather than the LCA, allow for a better angle with the joint on a truck higher than factory, and they probably allow for additional positive caster compared to the stock arm.

The big thing with adding travel to an independent front suspension truck is going to come from making the arms longer. Sure you can find the limiting factor and change it, but you will find the next factor, and the next, and the gains will be minimal.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean technically you don’t “have to run extended fenders, you could cut them to pieces, joke. I have a friend who just did the SVC mid travel and he is going to +4’s, already had +2’s. I have seen a few guys running around on plus 2’s with the mid travel though.

The SVC mid and RPG bolt mid travel kit are around 3 in wider.

The baja kits and the camburg mid travel are 2 inches wider.

H&M is the widest at 3.5 wider.

https://www.rcvperformance.com/partsfinder/index/index/?year=2011&make=Ford&model=Raptor

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SVC mid and RPG bolt mid travel kit are around 3 in wider.

The baja kits and the camburg mid travel are 2 inches wider.

H&M is the widest at 3.5 wider.

https://www.rcvperformance.com/partsfinder/index/index/?year=2011&make=Ford&model=Raptor

HM does offer some other track width kits, shocks vary based on width, does not appear on website but on Instagram.

I have not noticed a ton information of gen 1 mid travel kits for baja kits or camburg. I did see the gen 2 mid travel on camburg a site a while again.

As far as the widths and fenders. I know someone who can go full tuck on an RPG bolt and he is running +2’s and another guy who can’t keep fenders on his RPG bolt. I’m sure there are plenty of variables to consider. I personally like the looks of plus 2’s but would run +4’s if going any wider than stock with 37’s.

It seems like SVC and HM just replace the axle shaft and reuse the CV joint’s. Do you know if that is the case or not?

OP
OP
Milertimeraptor
Reaction score
As far as going from stock travel to mid travel to long travel, a lot of terms get thrown around. Stock track width and midtravel/long travel would be a better way to term it.

You can do a dual shock stock track width front and that could be a build it as you go kit. 3.0’s now, buy the control arms as you can, weld on the secondary tower and install the secondary bypass. Note that you coilover should get re-valved when you add the bypass. Add the other parts as necessary.

-would it be worth it to add a secondary bypass front shocks to the stock LCA's (keeping the same track width) with updated 1.5" UCA's or would you say kind of overkill?

-if so Who makes the secondary bypass towers? I would be buying those at the same time instead of later on, if I were to go this route. I would want to get everything from fox in one purchase.
-AT this point kinda confused what I want to do.... up grade stock track width with some serious parts(ie: my whole parts list) would be like 8k give or take
- mid travel what I really want for 15k.... (not liking my options lol)

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-would it be worth it to add a secondary bypass front shocks to the stock LCA's (keeping the same track width) with updated 1.5" UCA's or would you say kind of overkill?

-if so Who makes the secondary bypass towers? I would be buying those at the same instead of later on, if I were to go this route. I would want to get everything from fox in one purchase.
-AT this point kinda confused what I want to do.... up grade stock track width with some serious parts(ie: my whole parts list) would be like 8k give or take
- mid travel what I really want for 15k.... (not liking my options lol)

Full disclosure, I don’t have a ton of personal driving experience with most of these setups. I have done a reasonable amount of research into these(depends if you ask my wife or not), talked to quite a few people, ridden in a various different setups, read what others have said, spent a fair amount of time watching terra crew videos, etc. etc. therefore these are my opinions.

Having said that, I have heard from most that a secondary bypass up front and a bypass rack is a very balanced setup. You would have to buy a lower control arm with a secondary bypass mount.
As far as I know Camburg, Baja kits, maybe dirt king, and RPG currently offer stock track width LCA’s with a secondary mount. They would also offer the upper mount and probably a secondary bypass from their preferred brand.

@BlueOvalF22 @II Sevv

Did I leave any brands/options out for stock track width for a secondary bypass?

When I was running the numbers it wasn’t much cheaper to do a “full” build on stock track width than it was to go with a mid travel or long travel. However you do not have to fully build a stock track width at once.

OP
OP
Milertimeraptor
Reaction score
makes sense thanks for all the detailed explanations. I was looking at the RPG bolt kit as we speak and was crunching the numbers thinking I could maybe build this setup a little more cost effective...
- does anybody have this setup? (RPG Bolt Kit) $5900
-In theory the front would be done then I would only have to worry about the rear.