Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HM does offer some other track width kits, shocks vary based on width, does not appear on website but on Instagram.

I have not noticed a ton information of gen 1 mid travel kits for baja kits or camburg. I did see the gen 2 mid travel on camburg a site a while again.

As far as the widths and fenders. I know someone who can go full tuck on an RPG bolt and he is running +2’s and another guy who can’t keep fenders on his RPG bolt. I’m sure there are plenty of variables to consider. I personally like the looks of plus 2’s but would run +4’s if going any wider than stock with 37’s.

It seems like SVC and HM just replace the axle shaft and reuse the CV joint’s. Do you know if that is the case or not?

There is a pinned 32 page thread on the Baja kits install.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/brenthel-long-travel-install.35211/

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Tx4r11

Reaction score
makes sense thanks for all the detailed explanations. I was looking at the RPG bolt kit as we speak and was crunching the numbers thinking I could maybe build this setup a little more cost effective...

- does anybody have this setup? (RPG Bolt Kit) $5900
-In theory the front would be done then I would only have to worry about the rear.

I have the RPG bolt kit. I would start with the rear first. It is less expensive.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the kit w/o shocks.
I have read that one a few times actually. Very good info in that thread. That is their long travel though, in regards to midtravel are we assuming that the stock track width raptor is currently midtravel? Or anything wider from stock raptor as mid travel?

In general, it seems that if the shock bucket is getting cut out it is a long travel. If it's a wider bolt on then it is mid.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the kit w/o shocks.

In general, it seems that if the shock bucket is getting cut out it is a long travel. If it's a wider bolt on then it is mid.

Forgive me as I can be dense occasionally, post 1 shows that he cut the shock mount out but retained the upper control arm mounts.
To be clear it appears that they offer a “pre-runner” that is a stock track width and a “race” that is a wider track width.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me as I can be dense occasionally, post 1 shows that he cut the shock mount out but retained the upper control arm mounts.
To be clear it appears that they offer a “pre-runner” that is a stock track width and a “race” that is a wider track width.

The upper arm mounts are not moved. The long travel part is the shock mount since longer 10" shocks fit in the new shock tower and both are located inside the upper A arm. The bolt on mid kits and dual shock standard width all have the bypass shock outside the hoop of the UCA.

Baja kits does indeed offer a standard width lower control arm. Theirs has poly bushings instead of heims.

Another option is Blitzkrieg

They have both bolt on mid and weld on long as well. The lower arms have poly bushings.

https://blitzkriegoffroad.com/colle...or-4wd-long-travel-kit?variant=14609970495530

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: Would I be able to install those UCA's with the bigger 1.5" ball on the stock setup? if so... why couldn't I upgrade to the SVC LCA's and everything else in the SVC mid travel setup later on?

The billet UCAs are not compatible with the MT kit per Jarrett. You also have to run 0 offset wheels with those UCAs.

FWIW if you think you're going to go MT/LT, you are money ahead to go that route first.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I
Full disclosure, I don’t have a ton of personal driving experience with most of these setups. I have done a reasonable amount of research into these(depends if you ask my wife or not), talked to quite a few people, ridden in a various different setups, read what others have said, spent a fair amount of time watching terra crew videos, etc. etc. therefore these are my opinions.

Having said that, I have heard from most that a secondary bypass up front and a bypass rack is a very balanced setup. You would have to buy a lower control arm with a secondary bypass mount.
As far as I know Camburg, Baja kits, maybe dirt king, and RPG currently offer stock track width LCA’s with a secondary mount. They would also offer the upper mount and probably a secondary bypass from their preferred brand.

@BlueOvalF22 @II Sevv

Did I leave any brands/options out for stock track width for a secondary bypass?

When I was running the numbers it wasn’t much cheaper to do a “full” build on stock track width than it was to go with a mid travel or long travel. However you do not have to fully build a stock track width at once.
I personally don’t see the point of a secondary bypass up front, if a mid or long travel kit is an option for you. I currently have 3.0’s up front in my truck, and what would make the most difference for what I use it for would be more travel not just more damping.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper arm mounts are not moved. The long travel part is the shock mount since longer 10" shocks fit in the new shock tower and both are located inside the upper A arm. The bolt on mid kits and dual shock standard width all have the bypass shock outside the hoop of the UCA.

Baja kits does indeed offer a standard width lower control arm. Theirs has poly bushings instead of heims.

Another option is Blitzkrieg

They have both bolt on mid and weld on long as well. The lower arms have poly bushings.

https://blitzkriegoffroad.com/colle...or-4wd-long-travel-kit?variant=14609970495530
Yes they are moved. The brenthel kit uses a wider arm to fit both shocks inside the arm and therefore new upper arm mounts need to be fabricated

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are moved. The brenthel kit uses a wider arm to fit both shocks inside the arm and therefore new upper arm mounts need to be fabricated

1. UCA's NOT MOVED or widened. The whole shock bucket gets cut out.
2. No fabrication required. It's installation by welding not fabrication.
3. UCA tabs and bolts are left in place and used to align the new upper shock mount.

#3 is what makes it the easiest to install long travel.

imagejpg3_zps6390fbfd.jpg

The UCA is no different in the spacing between the mounting points. It does extend 2" further out and they made the arm rectangle shape instead of V shape to get both shocks to fit.

imagejpg14_zpsd590ae74.jpg

A kit like Blitz does relocate the UCA mounts because they designed it to run a 4.0 bypass. Also, notice the UCA is what hits the bumpstop?

RaptorLT4002_776x.jpg