Wheel Lugs Nuts and Wheel Locks HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creed

Reaction score
Thanks to you guys I'm about to pull trigger and get a set of Black 601's for my '19 Magnetic, found a deal from a vendor. I was curious as to which brands, type, size lug nut and wheel locks do you guys use with your wheels? I've always used Gorilla Wheel Locks on my cars but I'm new to the truck world and would appreciate some guidance. Thanks

OP
OP
C

creed

Reaction score
What size Monster Lugs and Locks? Thread pattern? Do you have the part number you used?

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of your size, but whatever you do not order from cjponyparts. I ordered a set of lugs (Gorilla 61108CXLBC) for my Gen1 and received an empty box. Called them up and they were stunningly dismissive. I should have checked out their reviews first, too fast on the keyboard, sigh. Started a UPS claim which will be my first step to recovery of my pesos.

OP
OP
C

creed

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks... I'm trying to only use and support the vendors on the fourm.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of your size, but whatever you do not order from cjponyparts. I ordered a set of lugs (Gorilla 61108CXLBC) for my Gen1 and received an empty box. Called them up and they were stunningly dismissive. I should have checked out their reviews first, too fast on the keyboard, sigh. Started a UPS claim which will be my first step to recovery of my pesos.
This could be an in transit theft. I've had no issues with C J with either Mustang or Raptor parts. In fact, I ordered a wiring harness to install the Rigid 4 front light setup. When I received it, I discovered no wiring for the Radiance rear lighting. I had to order the 6 light harness to get that. I wrote them a message and got a nice reply thanking me for bringing that to their attention and they would change their documentation.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be an in transit theft. I've had no issues with C J with either Mustang or Raptor parts. .

Thanks for the info and I do appreciate your input, that is the most common scenario. Unfortunately for me the box arrived in pristine condition leading me to believe the theft happened in their shipping dept. If it had been some type of electronics I can understand someone going to this effort, but lugs?, lol, too much work for too little. But hey, you never know.

Good news is UPS is investigating it, bad news is they will only discuss their findings with the shipper. I would have to go to small claims court against CJPP, and per a UPS service rep, file some forms to UPS to get a copy of UPS in transit weight numbers from each tracking point, or something like that. I have a summer home in Jim Thorpe so shooting over to Harrisburg to file an action would be no biggie. The take away for me is, don't let curiosity get the best of you and open a box which says 7.2 lbs but weights only a few ounces :)

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m thinking about the McGard set in black.

Not a fan of Ford’s 2 piece design of the OEM lug nuts. Why 2 piece?