Wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both of the below companies have solutions to the wheel hop. I'd give them both a call and see which one you like best.

FYI...if I floor my truck from a dead stop I get wheel hop too. I bet its bad with all your power.

Raptor Performance Group (RPG): 949-212-7911 http://www.rpg-offroad.com/

Addictive Desert Designs (ADD): (480) 671-0820 http://addictivedesertdesigns.com/raptor-svt

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hennessey's never heard of it, see. And if it didn't show up during their extensive and rigorous testing before selling to the public, that must mean its a non issue and you are wrong. Duh.

What extensive and rigorous testing? Oh, the drag racing?

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
Ahh no. Not just drag racing. My truck serial # 1 was tested in the desert before and during the episode on Top Gear for one . I have had the truck in the desert sand dunes mountains and on with no issues.So let's. Not start the Hennessey bashing especially if you don't have a velociraptor or have delt with them. I can also tell you chris who is a member here and owns the luxury performance raptor drove his from Las Vegas to Cabo San Lucas with no problems. Sorry for the rant it really ****** me off when people want to comment on something they have no idea what they are talking about. I will also say that most of the people who have bought the velociraptor have probably done their homework. Before plucking down 65000 + for the truck. It might not be for everyone but for us that own them thay are awesome. I'm not trying to start a pissing match I know their are some here that don't think much of Hennessey and you are entitled to your opinions and some have may have had bad dealings with the company mine has been stellar no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Ahh no. Not just drag racing. My truck serial # 1 was tested in the desert before and during the episode on Top Gear for one . I have had the truck in the desert sand dunes mountains and on with no issues.So let's. Not start the Hennessey bashing especially if you don't have a velociraptor or have delt with them. I can also tell you chris who is a member here and owns the luxury performance raptor drove his from Las Vegas to Cabo San Lucas with no problems. Sorry for the rant it really ****** me off when people want to comment on something they have no idea what they are talking about. I will also say that most of the people who have bought the velociraptor have probably done their homework. Before plucking down 65000 + for the truck. It might not be for everyone but for us that own them thay are awesome. I'm not trying to start a pissing match I know their are some here that don't think much of Hennessey and you are entitled to your opinions and some have may have had bad dealings with the company mine has been stellar no complaints.

then again for $65,000 I would expect a little more than "we've never heard of it".

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... Sorry for the rant it really ****** me off when people want to comment on something they have no idea what they are talking about.
You yourself have said you haven't had any issues, right? So you yourself haven't been in a situation where you needed them to step up and take care of you, correct? Would that mean you don't know what you're talking about, either?

I'm also not trying to start a pissing match. But you need to realize someone doesn't have to get burned by the fire to know its hot. Try to understand that some of us have watched friends, forum buddies and acquaintances get bent over for years without so much as even a courtesy reach around.

I sincerely hope your truck keeps on keepin on for years and years to come. I hope just as strongly that you never have to ask Hennessey for help.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Having lived 2 hours away from Hennessey for over 8 years gives me a perspective others do not have. In Texas, Hennessey does not have a good reputation. Christ, they couldn't even change a tire on a Ford GT without blowing out the sidewall of the new tire with the tire changing machine. This was Sept 2010. I am very glad that you've had great results with them and 0 issues with your build. Perhaps things have changed.

Scottysspeedshop

Reaction score
Yea snake I am aware of their issues over the years and agree their are some things that probably shouldn't be messing with. Thanks for your input you are one of the people that I figured have had some experience with them.

Scottysspeedshop

Reaction score
You yourself have said you haven't had any issues, right? So you yourself haven't been in a situation where you needed them to step up and take care of you, correct? Would that mean you don't know what you're talking about, either?

I'm also not trying to start a pissing match. But you need to realize someone doesn't have to get burned by the fire to know its hot. Try to understand that some of us have watched friends, forum buddies and acquaintances get bent over for years without so much as even a courtesy reach around.

I sincerely hope your truck keeps on keepin on for years and years to come. I hope just as strongly that you never have to ask Hennessey for help.

I understand completely. But out of all the trucks they have built to date this could very well be the first they have heard about this problem. The truck has a factory warranty and one from Hennessy so my guess it will get taken care of. Also the op didn't really say what he was doing when he broke the yoke they aren't exactly that easy do brake. When I bought my truck I knew what I was getting into with a high hp vehicle and like Snake have probably voided the factory warranty. The Hennessy one is 12 mo or 12000 miles so it's a moot point for me it Brakes I fix it .good luck to the op hope all goes well . And big j sometime I don't know war I'm talking about .lmao

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL its all good scotty. I think we all want the best for 1troys and you're right, either way it sounds like he's gonna get squared away. :favorites13:

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i don't know if i like Ford replacing the slip yoke and driveshaft under warranty because of Hennessey.... when I had to pull teeth to get my ****** leather seat replaced.