Wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Customer service out of Hennessey? :ROFLJest:

It ranks right up there with customer service from Kenne Bell and this is what you can expect: :flipthebird:
Wait, nooo... you're talking about the old Hennessey. You know, before all the lawsuits and bankruptcy? This is the new Hennessey. New investors, new approach, new attitude? This new company has been saying wonderful things about their new approach to service. Seems to me they've got a great shot here to show it off!

OP: I have wheel hop and my truck is all stock. Adding more power to the truck only makes it worse. It is a suspension issue.
Clearly you're wrong. Hennessey's never heard of it, see. And if it didn't show up during their extensive and rigorous testing before selling to the public, that must mean its a non issue and you are wrong. Duh.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, nooo... you're talking about the old Hennessey. You know, before all the lawsuits and bankruptcy? This is the new Hennessey. New investors, new approach, new attitude? This new company has been saying wonderful things about their new approach to service. Seems to me they've got a great shot here to show it off!

Clearly you're wrong. Hennessey's never heard of it, see. And if it didn't show up during their extensive and rigorous testing before selling to the public, that must mean its a non issue and you are wrong. Duh.

:lol:

OP
OP

1troys

Reaction score
Just found last thread on this topic.any have photos of procomp bars.can not find on site .will call tomorrow to get

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Just found wiz1500 pic.will try to contact him for his opinion on them

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1troys... are you a suspension expert either by training or experience? I'm asking honestly.

I myself am not, by any means. If I'm in your shoes, I'm not sure I trust threads on this subject. NOT because of the quality of info in them, but because (1) I'm not sure I know what I'm looking at and (2) I (you) have a very unique situation in terms of handling that much power. I'd be surprised if any of us stock guys' solutions to date are going to solve your problem. This is why I'd sincerely hoped Hennessey had done its homework in this regard, and not blow you off by saying they'd never heard of it. Of course they have.

If I'm in your shoes, I find myself a suspension expert familiar with the Raptor, and I approach them with this problem. There are a few good contacts here on the forum. Outlaw Raptor (click here), ADD (click here), and RPG (click here) immediately comes to mind ; I would probably give them a call, and talk over my issues, concerns and goals, and see what they all have to say and suggest.

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem dude. I'd just hate to see Ford get you squared away, you then spend a bunch of money on something all only to find yourself broken again. I think its time to get an expert involved... who knows, they might just say that bar is the answer! On the other hand, they might not and you might save yourself lots of time, money and frustration.

Please do keep us posted on how this goes. There's good stuff to learn here, and anything you can share as you learn it might save someone else someday. :peace:

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
Ok I will I will chime in on this one.my truck is velociraptor #1 and the one used on top gear and for testing as far as I know it didn't have any problems braking stock rear end parts or wheel hop .on the other side of that it went to ADD right after I bought it for suspension upgrades deaver etc I only put 1000 on it before it was done. I have done plenty of burnouts and offroading since then with no problems. As for customer service from Hennessey I have had zero issues but I have had no problems with my truck. As for traction bars check with ADD I'm sure they can hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem dude. I'd just hate to see Ford get you squared away, you then spend a bunch of money on something all only to find yourself broken again. I think its time to get an expert involved... who knows, they might just say that bar is the answer! On the other hand, they might not and you might save yourself lots of time, money and frustration.

Please do keep us posted on how this goes. There's good stuff to learn here, and anything you can share as you learn it might save someone else someday. :peace:

What he said. Livernois could help as well. Replacing the stock driveshaft with another one rated for the same power could quite possibly lead to breaking it again.

OP
OP

1troys

Reaction score
Ok I will I will chime in on this one.my truck is velociraptor #1 and the one used on top gear and for testing as far as I know it didn't have any problems braking stock rear end parts or wheel hop .on the other side of that it went to ADD right after I bought it for suspension upgrades deaver etc I only put 1000 on it before it was done. I have done plenty of burnouts and offroading since then with no problems. As for customer service from Hennessey I have had zero issues but I have had no problems with my truck. As for traction bars check with ADD I'm sure they can hook you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So u r saying I should change the rear springs.who is add? #or email