What's next for Ford Raptor now that Ram came out with the RHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford should offer tuning for the R. If the crate engine is being offered at 760hp, it's got to be an easy switch... I believe the GT500 is 760hp as well
I honestly think that was a misprint. It lists higher hp and lower tq, same numbers coincidentally as the GT500.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gen 3 wasn't/isn't enough to make me move from my Gen 2. It's really the same truck with updated rear suspension (best part of the gen 3 IMO) and newer interior (which personally IDGAF about). The Gen 1 was the first, always will be special IMO. But, the Gen 2 was all aluminum/composite body which really made the truck much lighter - obviously the 3.5TT is awesome too IMO.
Agreed. I think you gotta respect the Gen 1 for literally starting an entirely new segment/genre of truck that Raptor still dominates to this day. It was a risky idea by Ford and it came at the perfect time and they nailed it. But IMO, Gen 2 was the most revolutionary generation and always will be. The jump in tech, all aluminum body, all composite front, modern 3.5 aluminum block TT motor making over 500 lbft of torque, and gobs of travel on Fox 3.0 shocks, it took the Raptor to an entirely new level from Gen 1.

The Gen 3 is a really well executed evolution of the Gen 2 that’s more refined all around but isn’t an all out game changer.

Looking forward to Gen 4 and beyond I think we can expect an exponential increase in tech, evolution of the best shock technology from Fox, and likely electrification of the drivetrain. But the overall capability and recipe won’t change much from here.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why the raptor doesn’t have that bed payload gauge thing. Definitely could have used that more than a few times.

Highwayman

Reaction score
BP?

id like to see maybe a TT OHV 4.0L V8

Unfortunately between FoMO and dealers the price would be ridiculous and price out the majority (like the R)..... I'd prefer to see a evolutionary step like 4.0 EB and larger hairdryers.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Well to those that say they know of no one who would buy a PB raptor... raises hand. I really believe that a PB raptor power plant could easily achieve 600HP, do a REAL 18mpg city and 24-26MPG highway, increase range to 860 miles or so between fill ups while not increasing the weight too much.

Proved the point....

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately between FoMO and dealers the price would be ridiculous and price out the majority (like the R)..... I'd prefer to see an evolutionary step like 4.0 EB and larger hairdryers.
If they add electricity, they’re going down in displacement, or best case staying the same, they’re not going up.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RHO isnt going to sell.. they took the only thing that made that truck good out..

we'll see. i dont think its a blip on Ford's radar. they will just continue on whatever path they have laid out for the future.

Hybrid, maybe but my guess is a slightly larger TTV6, with 520hp.. they have the power to weight ratio and i think they like to beat Ram with less HP, as has been proven

Highwayman

Reaction score
If they add electricity, they’re going down in displacement, or best case staying the same, they’re not going up.

Well obviously they'd go down in displacement if they went the PB route...

I just don't see FORD going this route with the Raptor SVT mainstream for increasing #s... Theyve taken a bath on their EVs in general and know ICE is what SVT customers want.

We will see, but a bump to 3.7 I don't think is much of a stretch.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3.5 Raptor is already almost 6k lbs, do you think they really want to add more weight with the PB. Weight is one thing Ford has over the TRX. Who cares if Dodge is faster.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the RHO will allow ram fans to get into a truck like the TRX ,but not have to feed the hellcat, for people that will have to daily it if they buy one. I think it broadens their market. Like myself, I can't afford an R nor do I wanna daily drive one. But the price/economic side to the standard raptor allows me to have and enjoy one.
There has to be loyal ram fans that refuse to buy a ford that would buy one of these.
I don't think ford will do anything to the raptor to answer the RHO. I really don't think it will hurt their sales. Might slow the price increases for awhile .