what's a good OTD price in cali for 2020 802a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mad bro?
Chill out it was a simple question, trying to get some feedback.
Have already received some great info in my DM and pretty close to where I’m looking at.
Go take ur twitter rage out on the treadmill and not on the keyboard... don’t need that negative smoke up in here.

Not mad one bit... Sorry you took it that way bro

I guess it just surprised me that someone thought this would be possible.

Check Puente Hills Ford but there are advertising 6500 off sticker on 2019's, you might be able to get a little more but probably not too much.

Lightning_Lad

Reaction score
Sup! Kyle,

I live in Orange, SoCal.
Searched long and hard last year and beginning of this year.
Here’s my take;

1) Villa Ford in Orange - Complete idiots.
They had 45+ Raptors sitting on their lot when I sat down to negotiate on a 2019 801a. MSRP $71k (yeah right) and “discounted to $69k
The best they will do is MSRP - $2k that’s as of mid March.
On a 2019...

2) Ken Grody Ford.

Don’t even waste your time. They hoard all the raptors and “bro” them out for a stupid mark up. You would be lucky to get MSRP + $3K.

3) Rancho Santa Margarita Ford.

By far the easiest to deal with.
Got very close to signing on a 2019 Black 802a with no graphics and no moon roof.
MSRP $71k
Price discounted to $68k.
They lowballed the hell outta my trade in. $29,500 for a 2017 Platinum Tundra.
Kbb at time was $38,500. Trade.

I tried selling my Tundra privately and the amount of idiots and dreamers got annoying fast.
So I’ve paid it off with my “Raptor deposit” and I’m just waiting for the right truck/deal to come along.

Unfortunately too many idiots out here in SoCal willing to pay stupid money for status symbol/ bragging rights etc.
$65k OtD on 802a in SoCal is gonna be damn near impossible.
I would just order a 2020 out of state and get it shipped to house.
Plenty of awesome peeps on here can share their info for that.

Anyhoo, best of luck !

OP
OP
kylestyle

kylestyle

Reaction score
Not mad one bit... Sorry you took it that way bro

I guess it just surprised me that someone thought this would be possible.

Check Puente Hills Ford but there are advertising 6500 off sticker on 2019's, you might be able to get a little more but probably not too much.

It’s all good bro no hard feelings.
Villa ford has 64 in stock lol they not giving 2 F’s though and not dealing haha
I get what you are saying. I was just saying shit maybe with dealers not selling they will give a killer deal. I noted it’s probably not realistic but some dealerships need to get some vehicles moving so who knows. Would be awesome if we can get some rebates going with the raptors but they are in high demand so makes sense for them not to discount them. Again thanks for the info I apologize I took it the wrong way.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s all good bro no hard feelings.
Villa ford has 64 in stock lol they not giving 2 F’s though and not dealing haha
I get what you are saying. I was just saying shit maybe with dealers not selling they will give a killer deal. I noted it’s probably not realistic but some dealerships need to get some vehicles moving so who knows. Would be awesome if we can get some rebates going with the raptors but they are in high demand so makes sense for them not to discount them. Again thanks for the info I apologize I took it the wrong way.

All good.

Villa Ford and Ken Grody are a bunch of Idiots!

The guy at Puente Hills was ok but they really low balled my trade.

Out of state is a great option if you have the time, and we all have time right now.

Check Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE.

OP
OP
kylestyle

kylestyle

Reaction score
Sup! Kyle,

I live in Orange, SoCal.
Searched long and hard last year and beginning of this year.
Here’s my take;

1) Villa Ford in Orange - Complete idiots.
They had 45+ Raptors sitting on their lot when I sat down to negotiate on a 2019 801a. MSRP $71k (yeah right) and “discounted to $69k
The best they will do is MSRP - $2k that’s as of mid March.
On a 2019...

2) Ken Grody Ford.

Don’t even waste your time. They hoard all the raptors and “bro” them out for a stupid mark up. You would be lucky to get MSRP + $3K.

3) Rancho Santa Margarita Ford.

By far the easiest to deal with.
Got very close to signing on a 2019 Black 802a with no graphics and no moon roof.
MSRP $71k
Price discounted to $68k.
They lowballed the hell outta my trade in. $29,500 for a 2017 Platinum Tundra.
Kbb at time was $38,500. Trade.

I tried selling my Tundra privately and the amount of idiots and dreamers got annoying fast.
So I’ve paid it off with my “Raptor deposit” and I’m just waiting for the right truck/deal to come along.

Unfortunately too many idiots out here in SoCal willing to pay stupid money for status symbol/ bragging rights etc.
$65k OtD on 802a in SoCal is gonna be damn near impossible.
I would just order a 2020 out of state and get it shipped to house.
Plenty of awesome peeps on here can share their info for that.

Anyhoo, best of luck !

lightninglad! Ur the man along everyone else in here. I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s appreciating all this info.

yea the rancho site has some great deals right now and have been in contact with them.

You are dead on with the other dealers though it’s funny because I got the same tactics from them that you did. That’s funny!

I just want one of these bad boys at a FAIR price so I can get out there with you guys.

thanks again for the great response

OP
OP
kylestyle

kylestyle

Reaction score
All good.

Villa Ford and Ken Grody are a bunch of Idiots!

The guy at Puente Hills was ok but they really low balled my trade.

Out of state is a great option if you have the time, and we all have time right now.

Check Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE.

I definitely got the time..... too much time.

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up one up years ago in AZ. Not that far and way better deals than what I found around SoCal. I was looking for a Gen 2 early this year and best deals were still out of state. Socal and Vegas were overpriced compared to a plane ticket and fun road trip.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealership did you
Go to out here? I’ve got a handful of buddies that are in the tower at a lot of dealerships and I recently left the automotive world and have not heard of anyone getting this much off here

Medved Castle Rock, let me get my sales paperwork out to see for sure.

$73,590 MSRP
$67,145 purchase price

I purchased in mid February, and the truck had been on the lot since October, so they wanted to move it.

A large dealer in Colorado Springs had 99 Raptors on their lot and didn't want to move off MSRP, Medved had 5 on the lot. Different dealer, different state of mind.

Last edited:

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, OP, define OTD, that might mean different things to different people. Especially to those that have really low or high sales tax. Best to simply say $$$ off MSRP. If you are talking about that, then $65K is not unreasonable in many states, now add on Tax and Registration on top of that.

mtunender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, OP, define OTD, that might mean different things to different people. Especially to those that have really low or high sales tax. Best to simply say $$$ off MSRP. If you are talking about that, then $65K is not unreasonable in many states, now add on Tax and Registration on top of that.

OTD in CA means everything included. Vehicle price, Tax, Title, Registration and DMV and Dealer Fees.

I'm not originally from CA so it took me a bit to understand what them were saying by out the door.

Now I know, and wow does your ass hurt after leaving a dealer out here :)