What wheels and tires are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I have 0 interest in getting em, how much of a difference in ride quality do you feel w/ the 20”s? It’s gotta be pretty significant I can’t imagine it not being, I can tell diff from just 18” to 19” on my vette, and while absolutely not apples to apples due to all the other differences....the 20” wheels on my last GMC rode 100x better than the god awful factory 22”s

I liked the handling aspects of running 20's with my Venomrex 601's over my new 17's, but the highway ride was not a huge difference. The additional sidewall running 17's definitely adds to the "old-Cadillac" spongy ride I enjoy on the highway now. It's practically like your floating on water.........not as responsive on the turns though. The taller lugs I have on the new Yokohama MT G003's may contribute to that as well.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
i drive it daily, and sometimes for extended period of time, and they feel perfectly fine for me

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone try the new GY territory? its supposed to be 13 lbs lighter than the ko2.... it comes on the tax.

Savage1X

Reaction score
Agree with TerribleONE on the 37 idea.....don't do it.....I would love to have 37's too, but have resisted for good reason. I've done recreational whoops, small jumps, desert high-speed playing, and crawled some of the mid to milder trails in Moab with 0 issues on 35's & 20" wheels.......no complaints at all, no RUBBING, and most importantly, NO TRIMMING!! This truck is plenty capable with a leveling kit and 35's.....37's and a 6" lift belong FX4 F-150's trying to outperform a Raptor.....it ain't gonna happen...unless it's in a straight line on the street with a 'charged Coyote......

My setup with VenomRex 601's in 20" - light and I do get plenty of comments on them, but thinking about going to a more rugged/military look instead of refined now. May sell the expensive VR's and replace with Black Rhino Arsenal, or Axle in 18" & Black when I get new tires soon.

View attachment 160359
Nice@! I been looking at the VR 601s' Trying to decide on tires. Hows the road noise and handling with this setup on the street?

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice@! I been looking at the VR 601s' Trying to decide on tires. Hows the road noise and handling with this setup on the street?
Road noise wasn't bad at all as long as you rotate and balance at least every 5,000 miles. The Nitto's Ridge Grapplers are a great tire, but heavy. After a couple trips to Moab and being so nervous about scratching my good looking wheels though, I ended up swapping to these Black Rhino Abrams in 17". Love these Yokohama MT3 tires off-road. About the same noise wise as far as I can tell(due to exhaust), but they look very aggressive and wear evenly. Ride was nice and cushy when I put them on, but I just stiffened up the front a bit with a collar lift when I installed my Icon billet UCA's. No regrets.

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using for my summer wheels. fuel vapors. with ridge grapplers. winter and off-roading I switch back to the stock beadlock capable wheels. they are really close to stock no rubbing what so ever. 35x12.5. on 20 x 9.5 x 19offset

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this isn't my truck. ill try to snap a pick when I get home from out of town but these are the wheels. with ridge grapplers