What Oil/Filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just run the motorcraft full synthetic and filter from the dealer, I first changed the oil to synthetic when my truck had only 700 miles on it and 3x total within the first 3000. a bit much maybe but just me. now every 5000 miles. seems like a lot of guys are using the ford racing filter I will request that next time

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take mine to the local Ford dealer every 5k. It only cost bout 35$, they change, they track it (if a warranty issue came up), they dispose of it and bonus top off fluids/ rotate tires.

Yuuuup

Reaction score
I've ran Royal Purlple in all my vehicles and ATV's for over 15 years now...not one problem or issue.

For my 13' Raptor, I use Royal Purple's 5-30 with K&N's HP2010 oil filter...change mine out between 9K-10K miles. I don't do a lot of hard driving and 95% of my driving is on pavement.

Just keep in mind that even the cheapest petroleum based oil and oil filter will do a decent job - as long as you change both every 3-4K miles.

I prefer to spend a few dollars more on products that have not caused any headaches.

Just my $0.02...spend it how you like.

Don Colorado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 Engine Oil Referral

I'm the 2d owner of my '14 SCab with the 6.2 L... Curious to hear what motor oil you guys running???

Previous owner ran Mobil 1 synthetic (in it now), I get ~15-18 city-hwy.

I have used Amsoil in a previous F-150 and it did seem to run quieter and improve power/mileage.

Castrol Synthetic? Motorcraft Synthetic?

Not typically operating in "extreme" environments... urban daily driving with occasional trips to the mountains, might tow a boat once in a while or take on ranch trails for elk in winter.