What makes a Raptor a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious. Is the OP blind.....

Ummmm, no.

So is fenders and a grill what makes a Raptor?

No.

Did the SVT spend two years working on this program to only bolt on some Fox shocks, put longer control arms and reinforce the mounts?

Ummmm, no.

There's got to be a lot we don't know as evidenced by this thread. I know there's more we don't know and some may even be proprietary and confidential. But I want to go beyond a grille and what you can see from the outside and UNDERSTAND what makes a Raptor a Raptor.

I'm not blind.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I did. It's awesome. But I got more about the Raptor R and the subtle changes (and not so subtle) they made to the Raptor to compete in Baja. I'll watch it again to see if I can get something more out of it.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I watched the Born in Baja movie again. Very well done. Didn't get any more details but thoroughly enjoyed watching it again.

By the time the Baja team got their hands on the Raptor, the SVT team had already designed it. I'm sure they incorporated changes into the production model as a result of Baja 1000, but I'm speculating.

I'm also speculating (although I recall reading it somewhere reputable) that Ford has incorporated several Raptor inspired changes into the rest of the F150 production line.

I still want to learn MORE! :) Feed me Seymour, FEED ME!

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm also speculating (although I recall reading it somewhere reputable) that Ford has incorporated several Raptor inspired changes into the rest of the F150 production line.
Hill Decent in 2013+ FX4's and 4x4's with the 4x4 Off Road Package and the ability to engage the locker in 2wd on 2012+, but only up to 20mph.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front limited slip, rear locker.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Factory 35" tires and 4.10 gears

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The whole package... It's a life style... A feeling a person gets just looking at it... It's intangible... It's strength... Remember, “Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.”