What makes a Raptor a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, well, I guess I'll give up trying to quantify it. I just have to accept that what makes a a Raptor a Raptor is the higher badass coefficient.

I can live with that... :)

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It isn't the capability per-se, it's the refinement of the capability. A Ram Runner has a bunch of shit bolted on and every critic that has done a comparison said that the Raptor 'felt better' - like it was designed to be that way.

Most of us have had modified vehicles and we know that once you start swapping out parts, they never feel like they did from the factory - faster or more capable maybe but something is always lost.

The Raptor is a culmination of the widgets listed/referenced AND a couple years of Ford engineers making those enhancements work together seamlessly. You give up a little capability (a la Ram Runner) but everything works and feels right. That's what you pay for and that's what is missing from the clones.