What kind of brake pad life are you all getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5 years, and 52k miles. My brake pads front and rear still look to have 50% life in them.

Any one else having this kind of luck? I am considering doing new pads early just to save the rotors.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I drive ... robustly. Not stupidly I’d like to think, but I am a motorcyclist and tend to resolve equations on the road with throttle first. This sometimes creates a more impending need for brakes.

I got 52k out of various appointments before I got the warning from the kind service dude, ‘hey, you got a few more miles before brakes need replacing’. I probably could have made 55k but, let me just say that post replacement she stopped noticeably better.
Considering what these brakes do, I’m quite satisfied with that service life.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a brake job at 5 years and 42K. In the northeast we replace the rusty rotors when pads are needed.
The front brakes were OK, the rears were getting thin.
Used POWERSTOP K6268.
Clean and lube caliper, bracket and pins. Replace rotors, pads, and flush.
The new rotors are coated and are said to not rust as fast. Maybe just pad replacement next time.
Very happy with the smooth responsive brakes.
I feel the truck stops better than before.