What is your truck's "EDC"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are way more prepared than me.....

But, I have a few essentials, Remington tac13, LMT AR w/3BetaC mags, point blank entry vest w/ceramic plates, 2 glock 23’s, 1 glock 22, 10 extra mags, in the bed I have a backup gun, ruger alaskan, .454 casull w/3speed loaders.

I have a few benchmade knives throughout the truck as well, but no spare food, just first aid....

Guess you could always hunt for food. At least you have the supporting tools.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traveling light? :)

For me, yes, but I figure if 60 rounds of full load 10mm can’t solve the problem I’m probably screwed anyway.

I believe he is.

I was looking at one of the under the back seat lock boxes for an AR or similar. I haven’t decided which route to go yet. I have an AR and shotgun mounts from a BP vehicle I might be able to mount somewhere. Regardless, security of such items comes first.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t really started to outfit the Raptor yet, I’ve only had it a few weeks. Below are some essentials that will be added shortly. I’m looking at buying the Builtright panels in the bed to keep things organized.

ARB 37 quart fridge, likely with some version of a second battery
water storage, looking at 2x2 gallon Rotopax containers
Emergency food supplies, to be determined
tow strap and soft shackle
Fire extinguisher, looking at 5# halotron
Basic tool kit, electrical and duct tape, zip ties, spare fuses
First aid kit
Shop towels
Shovel
Supplementary jack, likely a camper screw jack rather than a hi lift
LED road flares
Two harbor freight 6x9 tarps
Bungee cords, tie downs, and paracord
One quart spare motor oil sealed in a vacuum container
Mossberg 500 12 gauge and/or AR15 in secure storage

I may have to build a rack in the bed to mount the fridge, if I do that I’ll mount the second battery in the bed and probably provisions for a storage box for other things. I may look into removing the rear seat behind the drivers side to make a rack for the fridge there, about the only downside of a Scab I can find. I would rather keep the inside of the truck looking normal though. The likelihood of me having more than three people in the truck is very slim, so losing the seat could happen. Anything I fabricate I’d prefer to do out of aluminum to minimize extra weight.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's that do inflating 35s? I like to air down off-road to 25, then need to add 10 back to each tire when done.
It is slow, and the little motor gets hot. You’d probably want a tank or real air up system for off road. I’ve used it to put a couple pounds in all 4 tires to even them out. Took about 10 min or so.

8-10 pounds, times 4 tires might be asking a lot of the little guy. You could make it work, but it’d need a cool down between tires.

I think it’s designed more for the one tire emergency, or adding a couple pounds to avoid a trip to the gas station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize I moved into my truck a little over a month ago, but because COVID means we don't go anywhere I haven't fully outfitted my interior.

I have a manbag that is pretty kitted out that stays with me, and want to do the same with the raptor console/back seat.

What things do you guys keep as 'essential' supplies in your console? So far I've got:

phone chargers/cables/adapters and backup battery pack
noco 2000a jump box
first aid kit
box of baby wipes
micro fibers and napkins
extra paper mask
extra cloth mask
I've debated dedicating a full time pistol to the locked center console - but I don't want to risk a break-in and put one more on the street.
several ratchet straps [in the bed for now, till I get an underseat bin]

What am i missing? I'll edit this list and put them below:

Flip flops and some shorts. I only stop for pool parties.