What is this and Should I replace it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I just check my headers to Frame clearance and found two tube lines that were cut. What are they and Should I Replace them??
a2y8y6ar.jpg4amyje8u.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes and sooner than later. That is your vacuum line to the IWE. Right now your front axle is engaged. You may even need a new IWE or cv axle depending on wear. If it's covered under warranty, then request that they replace them.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jorge,
Whoa...Looks like your knuckle is cracked! (Big picture). Not good!
Vacuum lines to disengage 4 wheel drive? ABS sensor?
Block your wheels, jack up the front on the affected side, start the truck and put in 2 wheel drive, while in park. With the engine running try rotating the wheel and see if the CV shaft moves with the tire as you rotate it by hand. If it is the vacuum line, the hub will not disengage because of the cut line and the wheel/CV shaft will remain engaged on that side.
If it is the ABS sensor, one of the dash idiot lights for brakes/ABS should remain lit....
Get that Knuckle replaced!:badger_1:
Eddie

OOPS...may be just a shadow...check it out at the base of the upper ball joint arm...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and sooner than later. That is your vacuum line to the IWE. Right now your front axle is engaged. You may even need a new IWE or cv axle depending on wear. If it's covered under warranty, then request that they replace them.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Thanks for the quick respond I will replace it ASAP. What Is IWE??

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Double check your spindle but it really just looks like a shadow.

I broke my spindle offroading last Sunday in the middle of the desert it's not a part you want to break out there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the Spindle is OK, its just a Shadow and Angle Effect. What I am worried is about the Vacuum Lines. I am not engaged 4x4 since I have not put it in 4x4 since I got my headers done and that thing happened when they install my headers.
Apparently it hasn't affected the ABS because I have no ABS light on my Dash. But definitely will go at 7:30am to the dealer to get it checked and order new lines for the vacuum.

Last edited:

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at that upright. It doesn't looked cracked to me. What I see is a shadow from the disc shield mount that makes it appear to have a crack. But get down there and check it anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jorge,
The 4 wheel drive is engaged by releasing the vacuum to the knuckle. When the vacuum line is cut/torn there is no vacuum and the 4 wheel drive to that wheel is ENGAGED by default. Fixing the vacuum lines will allow DISENGAGEMENT of the hubs by vacuum to the hub.
Since the line is severed you have that side engaged by default.
Eddie