Current ‘19 raptor owner…selling it this year…what should I replace it with…37 raptor, TRX or F250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Knock on wood, my TRX has been pretty good for the first 16,000 miles. The biggest noise issue I have is the noise from the Good Year tires. I’m going to run them until they are dead, then I’m going with the BFG KO2’s. Honestly, every manufacturer is going to have a few vehicles that are less than perfect. That’s why we have warranty. It’s also why I opted for the 7/75k extended warranty. I‘d add the extended warranty to a Raptor as well, these things are expensive to fix.

Both the TRX and Raptor (35/37/R) are cool trucks. I’d love to drive a 3rd Gen Raptor to see how it feels compared to my TRX.
do you have any difficulty daily driving the trx? Parking decks, daprki g spaces, drivethru…

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
do you have any difficulty daily driving the trx? Parking decks, daprki g spaces, drivethru…
None at all, but I live in Western Montanan and not a big city. Drive through‘s are not an issue (I try to use the outside lane at the bank to make life easier), and I’ve always stayed out of parking garages (I did that with my 2004 Ram, 2012 Power Wagon, and the Raptor). Last summer I did a trip to Seattle, and there were some neighborhoods that were less than desirable, so I can see where the width would be an issue.

The TRX is no worse than the Raptor was. It’s a pinch wider, but not noticeable.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
None at all, but I live in Western Montanan and not a big city. Drive through‘s are not an issue (I try to use the outside lane at the bank to make life easier), and I’ve always stayed out of parking garages (I did that with my 2004 Ram, 2012 Power Wagon, and the Raptor). Last summer I did a trip to Seattle, and there were some neighborhoods that were less than desirable, so I can see where the width would be an issue.

The TRX is no worse than the Raptor was. It’s a pinch wider, but not noticeable.
Cool thanks! Tough decisions!

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Yep! That would be a perfect world. Unfortunately, that won’t fly due to my garage/driveway/wife.
Anyone know when the ‘23 f250’s will be delivered?
Also, anyone come from a platinum f150 to a raptor or vice versa? Just curious what the biggest differences are.
I went from a '20 Raptor to a '22 Platinum back to a '23 Raptor. Biggest differences are interior trim, ride, and size. Both have different way of achieving comfort, I miss my Platinum seats over the Raptor with regular or Recaro's (too narrow for my back). The platinum rides and drives like a car, while getting back in the Raptor it felt like driving a boat, now that sensation has faded, but the Raptor is a much bigger feeling rig. Bluecruise was nice, but not a life changer, overall if you spend any real amount of time off road like I do, you can't go back after having a Raptor. If you are just commuting, the Platinum was the better truck.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
F250 w/Carli Pintop. Best of both worlds for you. The F250 will never ride like a raptor, but the Carli upgrade will help it get closer.

bluesmurf

Reaction score
Yeh maybe. Why do you think that?
Just seems like a better fit for what you described you wanted. I was in similar boat and was looking at TRX too. No real need for a diesel, and can cut back to a gasser. I thought about a 23 R, but stopped that once I saw the 24 R getting exterior changes and a new interior setup. I will wait for that. Plus, the market will be crap by then and I can pick and choose the best dealer to make my deal.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Just seems like a better fit for what you described you wanted. I was in similar boat and was looking at TRX too. No real need for a diesel, and can cut back to a gasser. I thought about a 23 R, but stopped that once I saw the 24 R getting exterior changes and a new interior setup. I will wait for that. Plus, the market will be crap by then and I can pick and choose the best dealer to make my deal.
Oh I hadnt seen that there were going to be that many changes for next years raptor. Interesting to hear! I’ll try to rest drive a trx but I think it’s just not me. I love that the raptor looks tough and aggressive while at the same time, not looking too big and ostentatious. Not saying the trx is, but I just haven’t seen it enough to tell. Mind sharing where you got that info about the 24 raptor? Would love to read about it.

bluesmurf

Reaction score
Oh I hadnt seen that there were going to be that many changes for next years raptor. Interesting to hear! I’ll try to rest drive a trx but I think it’s just not me. I love that the raptor looks tough and aggressive while at the same time, not looking too big and ostentatious. Not saying the trx is, but I just haven’t seen it enough to tell. Mind sharing where you got that info about the 24 raptor? Would love to read about it.
It was all over the news last week. There was a 2024 R test mule running around with camo on front and back, and also had semi-covered interior. The lights front/back look like from Lightning, and the dash is set up like the Lightning. The front bumper looks to be new as well... more like what the aftermarket currently offers. It looks really good... even if still in camo
24 R.JPG24 R dash.JPG