What is NOT covered by ESP and PMP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwill

Reaction score
Looking into the Premium Extended Warranty Plan (ESP) and Premium Maintenance Plan (PMP). While there is a lot of info on what is covered, I am more interested in use cases or scenarios are not covered by either plan aside from tires, windshield, paint, and accidents.

Has anyone run into an issue where something went wrong with your vehicle and it wasn't covered by these plans? Other than the warranty expiring of course.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact the fox shock system is not covered by ESP ect, only Factory bumper to bumper. otherwise most everything is covered under ESP premium long as u make sure the lighting package is included basically everything is covered except shocks, brakes, ect. corrosion or paint is not covered outside of bumper to bumper, if you dont add that on your ESP.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a bumper repainted and stab links replaced under factory ESP warranty no problem. Initially, the dealer was hesitant to provide a loaner vehicle until I mentioned I had the extended rental on the ESP plan. Two good experiences for me.
A close friend had his truck cam phaser repair delayed for two days while waiting for approval from his credit union warranty dept.
ESP all the way.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of reviews you wanting? I had a esp premium with lighting on my gen 1. I'm a local ford tech here in Indiana at a dealer. So I can answer quite a bit of questions based on what I've seen being in the dealership life.
I guess...With this new Gen 3...It has so much tech..I worry about issues.
(also I am from KY!)

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess...With this new Gen 3...It has so much tech..I worry about issues.
(also I am from KY!)
Esp should cover really any electronics no questions asked long as u didn't intentionally damage something, spill something on it, or mess with it(tune,alter ect). Esp is the way to go, go premium care.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will definitely be going the Premium Care ESP, Flood Ford prices for an 8 year 100,000 miles right now is only $1,600.. Seems like a no brainer to me. I am curious though if it's worth it for the PM. That includes oil changes and wiper blades and brakes and the such, but does that benefit you in the long run? Here are the prices they list. I guess it depends on how much you drive and how many times you need to do routine maintenance
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.13.30 AM.png