What I want doesn't exist...need help to make my own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BogeyBoy82

Reaction score
I want a lightning style exhaust that doesn't interfere with my AMP retractable steps that is super quiet. Since I can't have my cake and eat it too it seems with any of the catback setups I'm gonna make my own cake. I wanna do it right and not just some muffler shop hack job. Can y'all confirm a couple things for me.

1. What is the part number for the coupler/flange that connects the cats/front section to the rear pipe ie where all the catbacks start I want the part so I can bolt my system on.

2. Is the factory pipe 3.5" inlet and 3.5" outlet on the stock muffler? It looks like 3.5" but I could be wrong.

Thanks yall

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have? I can speak for the 5.4, but the 6.2 is 3" in and I believe dual 2.5 out. I could be wrong on the outlet, but I'm positive on the inlet.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I would probably get some pipe bent and simply cut after the stock muffler then weld the pipes in to place. You can have them bent to any shape so you can clear your AMP steps.