What do you call this part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '21 is just plain black. Can someone verify that it should actually be something different? If that pic in the OP's post is generic media, its possible it never made it to production that way.
I have a 21 37PP and it is carbon like the picture

housecat

Reaction score
I’d guess yours is compromised in some way by your description.
As stated above…a light push to open, then a light push and it quietly auto closes.
Well I guess mine is bad too, it takes a good bit of force to get it to open, not too much to close it. I drove 3 F150s and 2 Expeditions that had the same issue so I figured it was normal... I've just been leaving it open to not have to deal with it.

Thanks for the info

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess mine is bad too, it takes a good bit of force to get it to open, not too much to close it. I drove 3 F150s and 2 Expeditions that had the same issue so I figured it was normal... I've just been leaving it open to not have to deal with it.

Thanks for the info
I opened and closed mine just a moment ago just to double check, it opens with a light push, and another push to enable the auto close. Actually kind’ve cool how it quietly closes, and the carbon fiber looks great!

nate_13

Reaction score
Mines a 21 801A and has the cheap plastic I absolutely hate it!! would also like to know about a replacement